This quick, easy and creamy Cuban Black Beans dish will wow your taste buds with the very first delicious bite. Aromatic Cuban spices, spicy jalapenos, sweet tomatoes, zesty onions, earthy garlic, hearty black beans and tasty bell peppers come in the most beautiful manner.
This humble bean dish is guaranteed to please the entire family with its flavorful and tasty twist. Serve it with chewy brown rice for a comforting meal.
Whole food plant based, vegan, gluten free, oil free, plant based, refined sugar free and no highly processed ingredients. I love them any way you are able to make them. I particularly adore black beans, they’re so creamy, earthy, and completely delicious.
Traditionally, the Cuban Black Beans are created out of dried black beans and cooked on low heat for extended intervals. Using canned black-beans or precooked black-beans actually accelerate the process considerably.
Comparatively speaking, it’s quicker from this aspect! The final result is super yummy, we totally devoured them over chewy brown rice!
This Cuban Black Bean dish is a nod to the traditional Cuban Black Beans. It’s geared toward choosing the very best of this Cuban cuisine and mixing it little to suit the American palate.
Additionally, it will have a kick of heat, which will be my very own touch as I really like some warmth. It’s a flavorful twist!
It will take a few added minutes to mince the bell peppers, garlic, jalapeno and onions, but it’s wholly worth it.
Don’t use a food-processor to hasten this procedure. A food-processor will turn your vegetables to a soup since it induces them to release a lot of water. A nice dice will work nicely also.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy and Creamy Cuban Black Beans Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Delicious Shakshuka
- Easy Vegan Three Bean Chili
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Lentil Bolognese Recipe (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
Easy and Creamy Cuban Black Beans
- 1 small jalapeno-pepper, minced
- ½ cup red-bell-pepper, minced
- ½ cup vegetable-broth
- ½ cup green-bell-pepper, minced
- ½ cup water (or broth)
- 1 cup yellow-onions, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato-paste
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp sherry-vinegar
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 can black-beans, drained and rinsed (15.5 oz)
For the Herb/Spices Ingredients
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion-flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp smoked-paprika
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- ½ tsp ground-cumin
- ½ tsp sea-salt, or more to taste
- ⅛ – ¼ cayenne-pepper
- chopped fresh-cilantro or parsley
- cooked brown-rice or rice of choice
- In a small-bowl, then add all of the Herb/Spices Ingredients except simmer and bay leaves. Mix and put aside.
- In a Dutch oven (I use it) add the minced onions, red bell peppers, green bell peppers and jalapenos, saute over moderate heat for 7-10minutes or till tender.
- Add a water tbsp or so, if they begin to stick and/or to prevent-burning.
- Add the tomato paste and minced garlic then saute for 30minutes.
- Add the Herb/Spice mixture saute for a few seconds, simply to release their fragrance and then add the vegetable-broth, black-beanswater, sherry vinegar, petite diced tomatoes, bay leaves and water.
- Stir well to blend, bring to a boil, then immediately lower to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15minutes.
- After 15minutes, then remove the cover and also flavor test for taste. Add the cayenne-pepper, then ramp-up any additional spices as required at this moment.
- Then take a potato-masher or a fork and mash a few of these beans to make a creamy texture, stir well. Do not mash each the beans, more or less a 1/3 of these. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves. Serve immediately with rice and topped with fresh-cilantro or parsley.
PIN IT FOR LATER!