Pad See Ew the most favorite Thai stir fried noodles right from the streets of Thailand produced in your home! While Pad Thai is sweeter and nuttier, Pad See Ew is salty, balanced with a bit of sour along with a superb chargrilled flavour that you are able to make in your home!
Pad See Ew, so”stir fried soy sauce noodles, is now a very popular Thai street food supper and also possibly the most common noodle dish in Thai restaurants in most Western nations. You might have tried and have been frustrated with other recipes previously. All of it comes down to the sauce. You’ve got to receive the sauce.
ember where I originally got the recipe from. Likely from David Thompson, the famed Australian chef who’s committed his life to mastering the art of Thai cooking. I have made it many times through the years, I could practically make it with my own eyes shut.
Pad See Ew Thai Stir Fried Noodles
- 200 g dried wide rice stick noodles
- 2 tbsp dark soy-sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster-sauce
- 2 tsp soy-sauce
- 2 tsp white-vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup chicken thighs (boneless, skinless), sliced
- 1 large egg
- 4 stems Chinese broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 3 tbsp peanut or vegetable-oil , separated
- Chinese Broccoli – trimming ends, cut to 3" pieces. Separate leaves from stems. Cut thick stems in half so they are no broader than 0.3" thick.
- Noodles – Prepare according to packet instructions and drain. Time it so they are cooked just prior to using, don't quit cooked rice noodles laying about, they break from the wok.
- Sauce – Mix ingredients until sugar melts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a really large heavy based skillet or wok over high-heat.
- Add garlic, cook 15seconds. Add chicken, cook till it largely varies from pink to white.
- Insert Chinese-broccoli steams, cook till chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Insert Chinese-broccoli leaves, cook until just wilted.
- Push everything to one side, crack egg and scramble. Eliminate everything on a plate (scrape wok clean).
- Return to cooker, heat 2 tablespoon oil on high heat.
- Add noodles and Sauce. Toss as many occasions as possible to distribute Sauce and create advantages of noodles caramelise.
- Instantly add chicken and veg back , and chuck to spread. Serve immediately!