This fast and simple Three Bean Chili recipe is ideal when you would like a comfy warm vegan chili in half an hour. It is wholesome, hearty and ideal for dinner, lunch or meal prep!
A fantastic chili recipe is essential and this particular dessert Three Bean Chili is packed with protein, flavor and fiber. Additionally, it’s easy to put together and prepared in about half an hour!
Can I Freeze the Chili?
Of course, you can freezes up to 2-3months. Then when I wish to cozy up with a bowl of hot chili I will simply pull it in the freezer and then heat it up. It is also possible to freeze bigger portions in containers or big ziplock bags.
Can I Leftovers?
Leftovers will keep for 5-6days in the fridge, saved in a covered container. Re-warm about the stovetop or the microwave.
What Ingredients you will need?
In this recipe we will simmer together tomatoes, garlic, chipotle powder, onion, jalapeno, chili powder, three kinds of beans along with a little bit of cocoa making a tasty and hearty dinner or lunch.
- Three Beans, this chili recipe requires a mixture of pinto beans, black beans, kidney beans. However use your favorite mixture of beans or anything you’ve got on hand.
- Spices, this Three Bean Chili is filled with spices. I find it is pretty much a great mix of chipotle powder & chili powder. Feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your preference.
- Aromatics, you will begin the chili with jalapeno, garlic and onion to get just a little warmth.
- Secret Ingredient, Adding just a small amount of cocoa gives thickness. It is super yummy and I attempt to put in a little to every one my bread recipes.
- Liquids, use either vegetable broth or water.
This Three Bean Chili it is great served with a dollop of vegan sour cream, a squeeze of lime and a chopped green onions.
- Add veggies if you prefer such as sliced celery, carrots, bell peppers, corn, etc.
- Mix and match your beans to anything you like or have available.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Three Bean Chili recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- Delicious Vegetable Vegan Frittata
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Spinach Salad with Sweet Spicy Nuts Apples Bacon and Feta
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Olive Garden Salad Recipe
Vegan Three Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 can kidney-beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 can black-beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 can pinto-beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juices (28 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 ½ tsp garlic-powder)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 tbsp chili-powder
- 1 tbsp olive-oil or ¼ cup water (for water saute)
- 1 tsp chipotle-powder
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and diced
- 1 ½ cups water or vegetable-broth (or more if needed)
- 1 tbsp cocoa-powder or small piece of dark-chocolate (about ½ oz) Optional
- mineral-salt and pepper, to taste
- lime wedges
- green-onions, sliced
- cashew sour-cream
- In large-pot heat olive-oil on moderate heat, saute onion for 7minutes or till translucent & tender.
- Add the jalapeno, garlic, chipotle-powder, and chili, then cook for few minute or till aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, liquids and chocolate, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover askew then simmer about 15-20minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add more water as required. Taste for taste, season with pepper and salt, and add whatever else you believe it requires.
- Serve and enjoy
PIN IT FOR LATER!