Shakshuka is an easy, Healthful breakfast in the Middle-East & North-Africa. It is a very simple mixture of simmering garlic, tomatoes, onions, spices and lightly poached eggs. It is healthy and full of nourishing.
Shakshuka is a traditional North African and Middle Eastern dish and one that is eaten for breakfast or any meal of the day. It is created from easy, healthful ingredients and will be vegetarian.
Shakshuka literally signifies”a mix” along with the conventional variant uses onions, tomatoes and spices since the base together with eggs poached at the top.
You might even include feta or goat-cheese and then accommodate it to your own taste. The choices are endless that is exactly what makes this dish this kind of nationwide popular.
Shakshuka spices can be many variation, but you will commonly find chili powder, paprika, cumin, and garlic. I would believe it spicy, although you could always add cayenne pepper if you want to heat this up.
Tips for this Shakshuka Recipe
- If you are not dairy-free, goat-cheese or crumbled-fetaon top is tasty addition. Traditionally it is also served with pita, but I really like to serve it with slices of avocado.
- Many images show shakshuka cooked in a cast iron-pan. Tomatoes are contaminated and might erode the seasoning in the cast iron pan in addition to dull the end. You might also receive a minor metallic taste to the dish. I recommend not taking any chances and cooking it into a stainless steel pan, similar to this attractiveness from All Clad.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Delicious Shakshuka Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Three Bean Chili Recipe
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole (Whole30, Paleo, Keto)
- Delicious Vegetable Vegan Frittata
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Spinach Salad with Sweet Spicy Nuts Apples Bacon and Feta
Easy Delicious Shakshuka Recipe
- 1 red-bell-pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili-powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 small bunch fresh-parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 18 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh-cilantro, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive-oil in a huge saute-pan on medium-heat. Add the chopped onion & bell-pepper then cook about 5minutes till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add spices and garlic then cook for a few minute.
- Pour the can of juice and tomatoes to the pan then breakdown the tomatoes using a large-spoon. Season with pepper and salt and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Use your large-spoon to making a tiny wells from the sauce and then crack the eggs to each well. Cover the pan and cook about 5-8minutes, or till the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and cilantro. Serve and enjoy.
PIN IT FOR LATER!