This simple Lentil Bolognese recipe is a fast weeknight-meal which just so happens to be vegan and gluten-free. It is full of taste and a fantastic way to switch up pasta, also it comes together in under thirty minutes!
I knew it was unbelievably simple to prepare, but I love it. The feel of this lentils does a fantastic job at mimicking beef and comprise proteinso it truly is an entire meal.
You’ll need Ingredients Lentil Bolognese?
- Mushrooms: White or baby bella
- Tomato Sauce: I used an arrabbiata sauce for a little extra-spicy, but any sauce will work (or use your favourite kind).
- Diced tomatoes: I like fire roasted diced tomatoes because they have full of flavor.
Why this Lentil Bolognese Recipe is Good?
- Beacause it’s vegan and gluten-free.
- Making it a quick weeknight dinner, because it comes together in under 30 minutes.
- The flavor is so delicious and it’s full of protein into a vegetarian dish.
How to Store Lentil Bolognese?
You can store in the fridge for up to 3-days, but be sure to store any leftover pasta in an air-tight container.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Lentil Bolognese recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas – Gluten Free
Lentil Bolognese (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup lentils (red or tri-colored) rinsed
- 1 lb favorite gluten-free-pasta
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup yellow-onion, diced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, diced
- ½ tsp red-pepper-flakes
- 24 oz favorite pasta-sauce
- 14 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta on the cooker as you normally would.
- In a large-skillet, add the garlic, onion, oregano, mushrooms, red-pepper, pepper and salt, combined with 1 tablespoon olive-oil, also saute about 3-5minutes till the mushrooms and onion are tender.
- Then add the tomato-sauce, diced tomatoes, water and lentils and stir to blend. Simmer mixture about 15-18minutes or till lentils are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Serve lentil bolognese over pasta, sprinkle with extra red-pepper-flakes (+ parmesan cheese or even vegan) and enoy it!
PIN IT FOR LATER!