This Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu is among my favourite tofu recipes and I love using with rice. I typically cook a batch then package it in separate containers afterward have it 3 or so foods. Really ideal for whenever you have busy times.
I am so excited to be sharing this with you ! It reminds me of these stir-fried dishes I have in Asian-restaurants. It is a perfect mix of spicy and sweet. Should you want things less spicy, go right ahead and reduce or finish omit the sriracha!
This tofu-dish was a spontaneous cooking-session. Unplanned and an entirely success.
For the last couple of months I have been choosing for oven baked tofu I was just getting tired of following having it nearly daily. Because popping cubes of marinated tofu cubes in the oven while I do anything else was the simplest way to cook it without needing to use a pan along with extra utensils.
So I am really really happy I finally find new go to recipe for tofu following months of getting the very same flavours for my own tofu.
Ingredients you will need:
- corn strach
- bell pepper
- sesame oil
- onion leeks
- coconut sugar or other sugar
- maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- chili sauce
- soy sauce
I covered the tofu in certain cornstarch before pan-frying to make a crispy-outside that go nicely with the sauce once blended later.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Crispy Sesame Chicken with Cauli Rice
- Roasted Garlic Miso Soup
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu, sliced into cubes (around 240 g each)
- ½ cup bell-pepper, sliced into squares
- 1 heaping tbsp corn-starch
- onion-leeks, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame-oil, for frying
- ½ tsp salt
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp chili-sauce (I used sriracha)
- ½ tbsp corn-starch
- 2 tbsp soy-sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut-sugar or other sugar
- 1½ tbsp maple-syrup or other liquid-sweetener
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sesame-oil
- Dry the tofu & cut into cubes. I wrap the tofu in towels & put a plate on top of it till excess-liquid is absorbed by the towels.
- Sprinkle salt on the tofu-cubes. Add the cornstarch then coat the tofu well. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients to the sauce.
- In a pan, heat round 1 ½ tablespoon of sesame-oil then fry the tofu cubes till golden and crisp. You might have to turn round the tofu-cubes.
- Take out the tofu & sautee the onion-leeks and bell-peppers in a little sesame-oil.
- Add from the tofu, sauce, then blend well. The sauce will thicken in the corn-starch. Serve with a bowl of rice and also enjoy while hot!
PIN IT FOR LATER!