Creamy Jamaican coconut lentil curry is made with green lentils cooked in a aromatic coconut curry sauce. The ideal one pot dish that is tasty served with salad.
Coconut Lentil Curry (Jamaican Style) is completely flavorful with the ideal balance of tastes. You will see this really is the best lentil curry recipe. This lentil coconut curry is going to be a massive hit one of your friends and loved ones.
I really like how lentil curry is really hearty. It may feed a huge crowd and it’s really simple to prepare. It is possible to exit the carrots, potato, and dumplings and serve it together with your own gluten free vegan flatbread or brown Jasmine rice.
The good thing about lentils is a little goes a simple, it’s quite economical, flexible and has excellent nutritional advantages. I just used a cup of lentils to create this amazingly delicious stew.
Coconut Lentil Curry – Jamaican Style
- 2 vegetable bouillon
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ medium red bell pepper chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1-2 tbsp oil I used avocado
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup dried lentils sorted and washed
- ½ batch of Dumplings (optional)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Scotch Bonnet pepper or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 5 cups water divided
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 large potato peeled and chopped
- Heat oil in a large-saucepan on medium-high, then add onion and cook till onions are tender.
- Stir in chopped bell pepper, green onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, and cook till aromatic.
- Add curry powder, cumin, paprika, allspice, and vegetable bouillon, and stir, cooking for a few minute.
- Add coconut milk and lentils, and stir to coat.
- Add 4-cups of water, bring to a boil, cover saucepan and cook for 45 minutes or till lentils are tender.
- Add the remaining cup of water, Scotch bonnet pepper, carrot, potato, and dumplings. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer till vegetables and dumplings are cooked for15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, as lentil curry will thicken as it cools.
Please, if you recreate this Coconut Lentil Curry Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Homemade Baked Plantain Chips
- Roast Squash and Feta Couscous
- Quick and Easy Avocado Tostadas
- Easy Veggie Ramen Noodles