This chicken and rice soup is a simple easy and comforting meal that’s perfect for cold nights and you can made in slow cooker.
This chicken and rice soup has become a family favourite. It’s easy to make, healthy and very kid-friendly. This soup is great for cold days or when you feel under the weather. It’s easy to make, and it tastes great!
For a different take on the recipe, you can substitute the rice with egg noodles. It will be loved no matter how you serve it.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots peeled halved and sliced
- 1 cup white rice if you’d rather add the rice during the beginning or use brown rice instead
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- In a slow cooker, put the chicken-breasts with onion carrots, chicken broth, dried thyme, garlic, celery, dried parsley, pepper and salt. Then cook on LOW for 5-6 hrs or HIGH for 3-4 hrs.
- Remove the top and add the rice. Cook the rice for an additional hour on HIGH or LOW heat. Take the chicken breasts out of the soup and shred them with forks. Return the chicken back to the soup. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Please! if you like this recipe, Pin it to your favorite board NOW!
You can see the full recipe here therecipecritic.