This 6 Ingredient brown rice burrito bowl is a really easy vegan meal it is possible to put together fast with only a couple of straightforward ingredients. You are going to require romaine pinto beans, lettuce, brown rice, corn, avocado and salsa.
This simple dish is healthy, family-friendly, filling, budget-friendly and functions nicely for dinner prep. It is just delish as is but If You Would like to include Additional burrito bowl favorites, attempt some:
- vegan sour cream
- diced red onion
- shredded vegan cheese
- cumin and chili powder
- diced bell peppers, fresh or try them sautéed with taco spices like paprika
- fresh lime
- a couple crumbled tortilla chips
- ranch sauce
- chimmichurri sauce
- chipotle sauce
The only additional ingredients I added is a few diced red onion along with a few spoonful of lime juice.
How to make meal prep for this recipe?
To create this beforehand, I would prepping the individual components and assembling as necessary during the week.
- cook a batch of brown rice
- get a few corn prepared to go at a container
- open a few cans of pinto beans, drain, rinse and store or you can cook your own
- chop up the romaine and store in a container
It is possible to pack your lunch to another day no issue, it is going to keep well assembled for 1-2 days. I simply would not go longer than this since the romaine will get soggy and avocado will probably brown.
Ingredients you will need:
- Pinto Beans.I used canned organic-pinto-beans for this recipe. Pinto-beans are high in fiber, B vitamins, supply protein, boost cholesterol, can decrease blood glucose, and help maintain a wholesome gut. As an alternate to pinto beans, you may use black-beans or kidney-beans in this recipe.
- Brown Rice. I normally cook a batch of rice as part of my daily meal prep however with this particular recipe I use quick cooking brown-rice so that it took only ten minutes. As an alternate to brown-rice, then you may use white rice, quinoa, freekeh, farro or wild-rice in this recipe. Whole grains like brown-rice are a source of B vitamins, magnesium, iron and selenium.
- Romaine Lettuce. To provide this dish lots of volume and add extra fiber and nourishment, I used shredded romaine-lettuce. I enjoy the crunch-romaine adds but you can use spinach or a different lettuce instead.
- Corn. I really like the sweetness of corn blended in with the beans, rice, avocado and salsa. It is possible to use fresh, canned or frozen corn.
- Avocado. Avocado is a must-have. Healthy fats, minerals vitamins and fiber.
- Salsa. To keep things easy, use your favorite store-bought salsa to high your burrito bowl.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Brown Rice Burrito Bowl recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas – Gluten Free
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- 2 cups cooked brown-rice (or about ½ cup per bowl)
- 1 avocado (or ¼ – ½ an avocado per bowl)
- 2 cups corn (or ½ cup per bowl)
- 1 19 oz can pinto-beans, drained and rinsed (or about ½ cup per bowl)
- 1 cup salsa (or about ¼ cup per bowl)
- 1 bunch romaine-lettuce (or about 2 cups shredded per bowl)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and then enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER!