This creamed spinach mac and cheese is so delicious cheesy mac and cheese dish with a lot of fresh-baby-spinach! Super comforting and rich of flavour.
Just look at this perfection! Cheesy, melty, soft but sturdy noodles, heaps of green! I really like it . There’s not any greater time to consume our feelings.
An entire huge group of fresh spinach, baked in the loveliest mac and cheese pot that you will see. It is everything you need and more, and it’s filled with veggies.
The crunchy topping is my favourite part. I love to utilize crispy onions, however you might also use breadcrumbs, cracker crumbs, heck, even pretzel crumbs!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Creamed Spinach Mac and Cheese recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Creamed Spinach Mac and Cheese
- 12 oz fresh baby spinach
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 lb short cut pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 12 oz fontina cheese freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 ½ cups milk
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 oz parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 6 oz white cheddar freshly grated
- ½ cup crispy onions or breadcrumbs for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat a large oven-safe pot over medium-low-heat and add the butter.
- Stir in the garlic and onion with a pinch of pepper and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions have softened.
- You could even cook the pasta from a different pot. It is possible to cook it too – just be certain that you give it a quick spritz of olive oil so that it does not stick together. Toss all of the grated cheese together.
- Stir the flour to the onions to make a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes, till it becomes golden-colour and begins to smell nutty.
- Gradually stream in the milk while stirring continuously. The mixture will start to come together and thicken.
- Add spinach, it’ll appear overwhelming at first, but it is going to quickly cook ! Stir until it cooks down and softens.
- When the spinach cooks down, stir in virtually all the cheese (reserve a little for topping) along with the pasta. Toss it together over and over until it’s combined.
- Top with the remaining grated cheese. Top with crispy onions. Bake for 35-30 minutes, till golden and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Cauliflower Shawarma Buddha Bowl
- Classic Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Delicious Vegetable Spaghetti
- Roast Squash and Feta Couscous
- Spicy Black Bean Soup