This chickpea salad sandwich recipe is ideal for a quick vegan meal or meal prep for the week. Easy recipe created with mashed chickpeas combined and classic salad ingredients. It is filling, healthy and can be reached in 15minutes!
Chickpeas are a fantastic alternative to shredded chicken since they’re packed with protein, fiber, and carbs and are low-fat and calories.
Chickpea salad sandwiches provide up endless possibilities. It is easy to customize this recipe using the ingredients that you already have in your own kitchen.
This recipe makes 5-sandwich portions, which means you’re able to prep this to get a work-week of lunch. I package my sandwich in those glass containers and bring this freezable lunch box to work to maintain my sandwiches cool till lunch-time.
For extra-flavor, toast the sunflower seeds and pumpkin in a hot-pan till lightly-browned. This provides a wonderful crunch and toastiness into the salad!
Please, if you recreate this Classic Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Grilled Mozarella Sandwich
- Chickpea Smash Sandwich with Dill Pickles
- Vegan Spicy Chicken Sandwiches
- Ultimate Vegan Lemon Load
- Vegan BLT Sandwich Tempeh Bacon
- Better Tuna Fish Sandwich
Classic Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 2 ½ cups chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 10 slices whole wheat-bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise substitute vegan-mayo to make vegan
- 2 tbsp spicy brown-mustard
- ½ cup red or yellow-onion diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup celery diced
- 1 tsp dry dill
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup carrot diced
- fresh-ground black-pepper to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- If using canned chickpeas, drain liquid and pat dry with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, brown-mustard and mayonnaise a medium-bowl.
- Mash with a fork or potato-masher till the majority of the chickpeas are pureed. Alternately, use a food-processor to mash the chickpeas.
- Add remaining ingredients into the chickpea mixture. Stir till evenly dispersed.
- Portion out ⅕ of the recipe onto a slice of whole wheat-bread. Top with tomato, lettuce and all your favourite sandwich fillings.