This healthy and delicious Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich is a tasty mix of experienced chickpeas and vegetables and it is vegan-friendly, also.
This Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich is a fantastic way to shake up the routine and provide you and your loved ones something fresh and delicious to eat.
It is a much healthier choice than many other sandwiches, stays together nicely without becoming very filling and soggy. Additionally, it is vegan and vegetarian-friendly!
You unbelieve just how this Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich is so delicious. Create with mashed chickpeas and chopped vegetables, such as scallions, carrots, bell peppers and tomatoes, make this salad full of flavour.
With the mustard-mayo spread that is blended in brings all together. This salad tastes great involving two pieces of toast.
Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich Recipe Note?
- Use fresh-greens. If you would like to add a few additional nutrients and tastes to the sandwich, then include a few greens, such as kale or spinach.
- Be certain that you toast the bread. This step is important since untoasted bread is overly porous and soft, and will absorb the moisture out of your salad. Toasted bread retains your sandwich from becoming soggy and provides a wonderful crunch with every bite.
- Chop the veggies evenly. Maintain the veggies a uniform-size to ensure they blend better and permit you to have a taste of what with every snack.
- This salad could be kept for up to 2-days in the refrigerator, so be sure for a few foods and use it to get rapid lunchtime prep on these busy weekdays.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Classic Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Pappardelle with Portobello Mushrooms Ragu
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Vegan Collard Greens
- Detox Moroccan Chickpea Glow Bowl
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowl
Chickpea Carrot Salad Sandwich
For the Chickpea Salad
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp mayo regular or vegan
- 1 tsp dijon-mustard
- 3-4 cherry-tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup scallion chopped
- ½ medium-carrot shredded
- ½ small-bell-pepper diced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- With a fork, mash the chickpeas in a small-bowl. After that, add the veggies in.
- Add the mayo, mustard, pepper and salt into the chickpeas and veggies. Mix thoroughly.
- Toast 2-slices of bread then spoon some of the chickpea salad on a 1-slice. Cover with the second piece and serve.