Buffalo Cauliflower is the best hot appetizer made with roasted steaks coated in a seasoned batter and hot buffalo sauce, ready in 45 mins! Buffalo Cauliflower is hot and crispy, created with fresh vanilla, seasoning, batter, and skillet. They are the great healthy alternative for a match day appetizer. I like to serve these with chopped celery, carrots, and a large serving of reduced fat blue cheese dressing. This is a wonderful recipe when you have any vegetarian guests, and only requires a total time of 45 mins to create. Plus it’s less calories compared to standard wings variant.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WITHOUT FLOUR.
You may make this this recipe without the all-purpose flour. If you don’t utilize the batter, then simply coat the cauliflower florets in buffalo wing sauce and then bake as usual. Reserve some excess sauce for when they are done baking. You may even make these vegan by omitting the batter, and mixing the sauce using a dairy-free butter replacement.
The Way to MAKE BUFFALO SAUCE :
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
Whisk everything together in a saucepan over moderate heat until butter has been melted and mixed in. Simmer for 2-3 mins, then remove from heat and let cool. You can add different spices, like peppermint, peppermint, or paprika here if you’d like to.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER.
- Carrots and celery
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Sliced cucumbers
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER CRISPY.
The key to a fantastic crispy cauliflower is the batter. Carefully coat each floret, and gently shake the cauliflower to remove any excess. If you have too much or too little batter, the cauliflower may become tender.
Make this cauliflower extra crunchy but leaving the cauliflower in the oven slightly longer, or turning to the broiler for 1-2 mins. Watch the broiler to ensure that the cauliflower does not burn before you quit it.
The Way to MAKE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER IN AN AIR FRYER.
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Prep the cauliflower, then add to the atmosphere fryer basket and put the basket back in the atmosphere fryer.
- Cook for 10-15 mins, until the batter is cooked through. Shake the basket, and go back to atmosphere fryer.
- Shake each 4-5 mins until the cauliflower is crispy.
TIPS FOR MAKING BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER.
- Serve this in a heated corn tortilla with cabbage and chopped avocado for buffalo cauliflower tacos!
- If you are putting these within an air fryer, ensure you only do one layer of the cauliflower. If they’re stacked on top of each other, the florets will not get emptied.
- Use less or more garlic powder or garlic salt and hot sauce to suite your own tastes, or function over the side for anyone who needs extra.
- You are able to make the buffalo sauce yourself, or use the store bought version if you’re short on time.
- Make this recipe with lean chicken breast rather than cauliflower for a higher protein variant.
- Make this spicier by whisking some cayenne pepper sriracha into the sauce, or topping the florets with a few red pepper flakes.
- Use whole wheat flour in the batter to get a much healthier alternative.