This Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is going to be prepared to eat in half an hour and this is so easy and full of flavour. It is a ideal one pan meal for the family to enjoy!
I chose to make something with sweet potatoes since I had a great deal of sweet-potatoes in my kitchen. I thought about creating my favorite sweet-potato soup, but my family said he felt like eating something.
So, I chose to create this gluten-free, one-pan Ground Turkey with Sweet Potato Skillet to heat us up a little. It’s so simple and fast to create and also the best part: it is healthy.
In half an hour, this dish will be prepared to dig , and you’ll be astounded by how flavourful it’s. It’s unquestionably a flavorful comfort food to share the pleasure.
Tips to make the best Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet recipe:
- Do not irritate your skillet using sweet potatoes since this veggie takes forever to cook, and you might burn your own food. If your cast iron skillet is 9-10 inches, then the perfect number of diced sweet potato is between 2-3 cups.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and lower the heat to moderate to cook the sweet potato quicker.
- It’s possible to first cook the sweet potato and insert it in the pan once the floor turkey is cooked.
- You might even add a second spice that you have on your kitchen to make this recipe much more flavourful. Based on a readers’ reviews, this recipe can also be great with cumin, curry, paprika, sage, carrot powder, onion powder, coriander, rosemary, and hot sauce.
- Some readers stated they added spinach, spinach, and mushroom also, making this recipe much more flavorful and nutritious. I have made this recipe with broccoli and green beans, and it worked really nicely, also. Therefore, be open to adding more veggies if you desire.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 lb free-range extra-lean ground-turkey (you also can use grass-fed ground-beef)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella-cheese (If you’re doing whole30 or following paleo diet, don’t add cheese)
- 1 ½ cups sweet-potato diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup yellow-pepper diced
- 1 tsp garlic clove minced
- salt and freshly-ground black-pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive-oil
- pinch of red-chili flakes (Optional)
- fresh parsley for garnishing (Optional)
- In a cast iron-skillet, heat the olive-oil on medium-high-heat.
- Add the ground-turkey and garlic. Use a wooden-spoon to divide the turkey as it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for 5minutes.
- Add the yellow-peppers and onions, cook till the onions are tender.
- Add the red-chili flakes, sweet-potato, pepper and salt.
- Cover the skillet and cook till the sweet-potatoes are tender. Do not forget to stir periodically. If needed, add more olive-oil or a tiny bit of water to cook the sweet-potatoes quicker.
- While the sweet-potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- When the sweet-potatoes are tender, then add the shredded mozzarella-cheese, and set the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Tex Mex Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
- Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice
- Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu