This Ranch Mashed Cauliflower includes a thick and creamy texture, along with a mild buttery flavor. Easy to create only 15 minutes and this is Dairy free, Whole30, AIP and paleo friendly! A low-carb version of mashed potatoes, high in ranch flavor.
I believe mashed cauliflower it is like mashed potatoes. The majority of the mashed cauliflower recipes that I tried had a different texture, a different taste and also a different consistency than mashed potatoes.
In this recipe, the gelatin functions as a substitute for the starch that mashed potatoes have to give them a thick texture and gelatin acts as a glue. Gelatin benefits is vitamins, amino acids and minerals of gelatin are nearly equal to collagen peptides.
Nutritional yeast is packed of energy-boosting b-vitamins and protein, and make the taste tasty. It is a fantastic ingredient to have on hand to use as a seasoning for a lot of distinct recipes.
Please, if you recreate this Ranch Mashed Cauliflower Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Delicious Vegetable Spaghetti Recipe
- Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos (Baked Veggie Flautas)
Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
For the Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 2 heads-cauliflower
- 2 tbsp nutritional-yeast (optional, if following AIP, make sure you’re using a nutritional yeast derived from molasses like this one)
- ¼ cup dairy-free-milk I prefer coconut milk (you’ll add this 1 tbsp at a time, and may not use it all)
- 2 tbsp beef-tallow (optional, to add a dairy-free butter flavor – use grass fed butter if you tolerate dairy)
- 2 tsp sea-salt
For the Ranch Seasonings (Optional)
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- ¼ tsp onion-powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- ½ tsp dried dill
- Begin with taking away the leafy part of the stem and roughly chop the heads of cauliflower. It is fine to incorporate the remaining portion of the stem because the cauliflower is going to be steamed and mixed.
- Steam chopped oats together with your method of choice. I suggest that a stovetop method. Then add steamed cauliflower into a food-processor or blender.
- To get a conventional mashed cauliflower version, add nutritional yeast (optional to get a smoky flavor), gelatin ( adds a thicker texture), and approximately 1-2 teaspoon sea-salt. For the ranch variant, include the ranch-seasonings.
- Begin with adding only 1 tbsp dairy-free-milk (such as coconut-milk) & mixing all of the ingredients together on food-processor.
- Blend till smooth. Add dairy-free-milk by the tbsp till desired consistency is reached. Make sure you test cauliflower to be certain it’s salted for your liking.