This Creamy Zucchini Sauce is bursting with flavor! Make with paprika-roasted zucchinis, garlic, fresh herbs and sour cream. It tastes so good with pasta, rice, or simply with a piece of bread.
You have got to try this recipe! Fresh, flavorful, so flexible, this Zucchini Sauce pairs well with rice, quinoa, pasta and a number of other grains. If you’re trying to find a satisfying and tasty vegetarian lunch or dinner, you must try this.
This sauce is quite simple to make. Simply combine the zucchini with spices and oil and set it in the oven. While the zucchini is baking, then you can whip up the sauce. Mix the sauce with the zucchini and your zucchini sauce is prepared.
To serve this zucchini sauce would be to combine it with a few cooked pasta (spaghetti, linguine or penne) or put a generous quantity of the sauce over rice.
You could also enjoy it along with your favourite grain (quinoa, farro, bulgur, barley, buckwheat, etc.) or simply serve it with some bread.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Creamy Zucchini Sauce recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Creamy Zucchini Sauce
For the Zucchini
- 2 lbs zucchini cubed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the zucchini using oil, paprika, pepper and salt. Then spread on a large non-stick baking-tray. Bake for 20 minutes, or till tender and slightly-browned.
- Put all the sauce-ingredients into a medium-skillet, stir fry and bring to a simmer. Switch off the heat.
- Add the baked zucchini into the cream-sauce and mix it all well. Garnish with chopped veggies, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- Vegan Ranch Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Lentil Bolognese