This cauliflower shawarma bowl so delicious and rich of flavour. Spicy, sweet, herby that is a perfect. Plus this is vegan and gluten free you must try it.
What may be even better with perfect flavor balance occurring within this cauliflower shawarma is this bowl is completely meal prep favorable. Happy, healthful lunchtime vibes (or dinner vibes, it is all great ).
Please do not be intimated with the recipe length. This dish shawarma bowl is super duper simple, but it will take a few actions to arrive. Fair warning that you are will have any dishes. At times it’s the price that you pay for flavor.
This recipe translates into some meal prep bowl so well. Layer the quinoa, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas in a meal prep container. When you are prepared for lunch, then warmth the quinoa and vegetables for a few minutes, then top with the tahini dressing and tomato salad.
Cauliflower Shawarma Buddha Bowl
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas rinses, drained, and dried
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water or vegetable broth
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 persian cucumbers diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ cup tahini dressing
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ c chopped parsley
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- ¼ c chopped mint
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
Shawarma Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse the quinoa, then put into in a pot. Cover with 2 cups broth or water then add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or till all of the water is absorbed. Then turn off the heat and covered an extra 10 minutes.
- Mix the shawarma spice mix till all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Rinse, drain and dry the chickpeas. Make certain to dry thoroughly with a paper towels or cotton kitchen towel. Then toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then spread on a baking-sheet.
- Toss the cauliflower with the remaining tbsp of olive oil and then just over half the spice blend. Put the rest of the spice blend aside to use later. Distribute the cauliflower on a second baking-sheet.
- Put the baking-sheets from the oven and roast, rotating after halfway through, about 30 minutes total. The chickpeas are when done they are gold browned and crisp.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, make the tomato cucumber salad. Put the red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley and mint in a small-bowl then season with ½ tsp pepper & ½ teaspoon salt and toss.
- Remove the chick peas in the oven and toss with the remaining spice mix and lemon zest.
- Remove the cauliflower out of the oven and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Assemble the shawarma bowls. Divide the cooked quinoa between 4 bowls. Top with one-quarter of this chickpeas, one-quarter of this cauliflower, also one-quarter of this tomato cucumber salad.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing to taste and serve immediately.
Please, if you recreate this Cauliflower Shawarma Buddha Bowl Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Detox Moroccan Chickpea Glow Bowl
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls
- Teriyaki Cauliflower Power Bowls
- Vegan Tumeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Roasted Nourish Bowl