These oven roasted chicken breasts are a low carb and keto meal that is delicious, quick and easy. They are like un-stuffed chicken, using a sun dried tomato and cheesy spinach topping.
This recipe is excellent if you’re searching for simple and effortless weeknight dinner thoughts. It is possible to round out a low-carb meal by serving them with appetizers like keto friendly garlic knots and snacks, as well as sides such as cauliflower mashed”potatoes” or roasted cauliflower florets.
That is where this recipe comes from. They taste just like cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breasts, minus the effort. The”stuffing” is only a cheesy topping you may quickly spread along with the chicken bits. It remains on easily, and does not slide off during baking or once you cut the chicken into pieces.
Tips for baking chicken breasts?
- Do not overlook the cooling time. I typically allow the chicken rest for 5minutes after baking and before cutting . This prevents the chicken from discharging liquid, producing juicier meat.
- If your chicken-breasts are larger or smaller than suggested here, you are going to need to alter the baking-time accordingly.
- The key to perfectly baked chicken-breasts is time. When choosing chicken, follow the recipe directions for the correct thickness and weight.
- One other important element is your oven temperature. I discover that warmer temperatures result in much more moist and tender chicken breasts in comparison to lower temperatures, that I utilize 425°F rather than something similar to 350°F.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Oven Baked Chicken Breasts Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken with Cauli Rice
- Pineapple Baked Chicken
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken and Avocados Ranch Burritos
Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (7-8 oz each)
- ¾ tsp ground black-pepper
- ¾ tsp table-salt
For the Topping
- ¾ oz finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes dry packaged (about ¼ cup)
- 3 oz cream-cheese
- 3 oz chopped fresh spinach leaves stems removed
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- ¾ oz shredded cheddar cheese (about ¼ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Then slice each chicken-breast in half, so it is half as thick as before. The resulting pieces ought to be no thicker than about ½-inch. When damp, pat them dry with paper-towels.
- Prepare a baking-dish lined with parchment-paper. Spread-out the chicken pieces in one layer on the parchment-paper.
- Season the chicken with half the pepper and salt. Flip them & season the other side together with the remaining pepper and salt. Put aside.
- In a pan on the stovetop, cook the spinach till wilted. Separately, microwave cream cheese till very soft and readily blended, for 20minutes.
- Then in a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, cooked spinach and all of other topping ingredients till well-mixed. Evenly spread the mixture across the tops of the chicken bits.
- Bake in 425°F till chicken is cooked for 20minutes (depending on how big your chicken pieces). Let it cool at room temperature for 5minutes prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy!