These Vegan Baked Taquitos is a really simple to create, so delicious and this gluten-free. All these meat-free flautas are full of a hearty veggie mix that’s bursting with taste. Enjoy this easy rolled taco recipe for a dinner or side dish!
You may be wondering what is the distinction between taquito and small wrapped taco along with flauta? Both of them are filled with meat, beef, chicken, and cheese) rolled and possibly fried or roasted.
Both are usually made out of corn-tortillas. Nevertheless taquitos are briefer. The shape differs, flautas are skinnier and like a flute.
This recipe could be made with wheat tortillas or corn-tortillas. I really make my own homemade tortillas which contain corn or wheat-flour.
Recipe Note for Vegan Taquitos
- It is possible to create the vegetable filling ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- You can store leftover veggie-taquitos covered in the refrigerator for 3-days or freeze in zip-lock-bags for as many as 2-months.
- If you are not a fan of peas, just use beans or chickpeas to include healthful plant-based protein into vegan taquitos.
- It is possible to use vegan ground-beef, as a meat replacement if you want. Simply fry it with the onion in a pan.
- You are able to include more healthy vegetables also like sweet potato, peppers, mushrooms or zucchini.
- Desire them extra more crispy? Pan-fry that the taquitos with a few oil rather than baking!
- Dip in sour cream or guacamole, salsa, vegan queso and I often serve them with easy-vegan cheese-sauce.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Calzones
- Lentil Meatballs (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Vegan Three Bean Chili
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Easy Delicious Shakshuka
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos
- 2 medium large potatoes peeled and chopped
- 8-10 tortillas
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ medium large onion chopped
- 1 tsp curry-powder
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- ¼ tsp ground-nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp smoked-paprika
- 1 cup peas frozen or canned
- red-pepper flakes to taste
- taco-seasoning to sprinkle on top of taquitos, (optional)
- black-pepper to taste
- 1 medium carrot grated or finely diced
- ½ tsp ground-cumin
- ¼ cup vegetable-broth
- 5 oz vegan-cheese of choice
- ½ tbsp oil
- ¾ – 1 tsp sea-salt or more to taste
- Peel and chop the potatoes then cook in a pot with boiling salt & water till fork tender for 12-15minutes. Drain the water and mash potatoes with a potato-masher. It’s possible to add a litlle of plant-based milk to get a creamier result. Put aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat & then add the chopped onion, saute for 3minutes. Stirring often.
- Then add the minced garlic, grated carrot, all of spices and saute for a few minute.
- Pour in the vegetable-broth, then add peas (frozen), set the lid on and cook for a couple of minutes before the carrot is softened. Should you use frozen peas, then be certain that you let them thaw completely. If using canned peas, drain and wash (no need to cook, then insert them at the next step). Switch off the heat.
- Additionally, add the mashed-potatoes & vegan-cheese (you may use cream cheese or vegan cheese). Use a fork or a potato-masher to blend everything.
- Taste the veggie mix & adjust seasonings. Add more black pepper, salt, spices to flavor. If you’d like it spicier, add more red-pepper-flakes to taste.
- Preheat oven to 410°F and line a large baking-sheet with parchment-paper.
- Put about 2-3 tablespoon of the filling on each tortilla & roll them up tightly. Put every tortilla seam-side-down on the baking-sheet, then alongside each other.
- Brush with a little vegetable-oil (to make them more crunchy) & add some taco-seasoning in addition on top.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20minutes or till they’re crispy and golden-brown. Broil for a couple minutes (optional).
- Serve with vegan queso, sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
PIN IT FOR LATER!