Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets this vegetarian traditional nuggets is packed with extra vegetables and plant based protein! Simple to make and super delicious, enjoy these vegetable nuggets by themselves, rather than meatballs and then dip them into your favourite sauce!
Nuggets are a cherished finger food of childhood.
Perhaps its because you do not need a fork to eat them. Or it actually could be since nuggets have a means being a simple addition to almost any meal and kiddo immediately get excited to see them in their own plate.
I frankly prefer to create my own-nuggets therefore I can fill them with veggies (such as I do) and as they’re really simple to create.
All these chickpea veggie nuggets are a vegetarian turn on my super Veggie-Loaded Chicken Bites. These vegetable nuggets are fantastic for a lunch-box or to simply keep on nuggets for a healthy, veggie-loaded dinner alternative.
What to serve the chickpea vegetable nuggets?
But you like to nugget will likely use those vegetable nuggets too! However, for a little serving inspiration, this is the way we love them:
- ranch dressing
- honey mustard sauce
- sugar-free or homemade ketchup
- mashed potatoes & cauliflower
- in place of meatballs with your favorite pasta and sauce
- one their own!
- with oven baked fries
- with butternut squash vegan cheese sauce
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Creamy Garlic Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Stir Fried Sweet Chili Tofu
- Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken with Cauli Rice
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- 15 oz chickpeas cooked and drained
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ tbsp Italian-seasoning
- 1 tsp sea-salt
- 2 cloves garlic to taste or sub ½ tsp garlic-powder
- black-pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp papprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp olive or avocado + extra for cooking
- ½ cup oat-flour or your favorite breadcrumbs
- Take shredded carrots and zucchini. Place it in the midst of a clean dish-towel or large paper-towel.
- Wrap-up the carrots and zucchini with towel-squeeze a couple of times to help drain out some of the moisture.
- In your food-processor, combine drained carrots & zucchini and remaining ingredients. Pulse a few times to blend. Mixture ought to be wet but scoop able.
- Heat cooking oil in a large-pan over medium heat. Use heaping tablespoon, portion out the mix into the pan. Cook nuggets for 3-5minutes and flip, using with the back of your spatula to gently flatten them a little bit. Cook an additional for 3-5minutes or till out the nugget has a slightly golden shade.
- Serve warm and together with your favorite dipping-sauce. Permit leftovers to cool completely and store in a air-tight container in refrigerator for 4-5days.
PIN IT FOR LATER!