Magnificent brussels sprouts caesar salad filled with full taste due to sweet roasted butternut squash, shaved brussels sprouts, pomegranate, apple, dates, sour and sweet walnut pecans and tossed into a savory vegan caesar dressing. This tasty vegetarian caesar salad gets the ideal lunch or festive dish!
If this is so, then now’s recipe is best for you! I was wanting to make a vegetarian or vegan caesar salad and figured now would be the ideal time to share this recipe.
I am somebody who enjoys noshing on something green and beautiful between those bites of Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets. Anyone else feel the same?
What’s in this brussels sprouts caesar salad?
This is a unique spin on a traditional caesar salad jazzed up using fresh-autumn-produce. Here is are a couple of important ingredients you will need to make this recipe:
- Roasted butternut squash
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Manchego (or shaved parmesan)
I chose to utilize shredded brussels-sprouts & add tender roasted-butternut-squash. But I could not stop myself. I chucked it all together using an easy vegan caesar salad dressing that is literally so good you would not even know it is vegan.
At length, the salad comes along with the addition of pomegranate-seeds, sweet chewy dates, crunchy apple slices, shaved salty manchego or parmesan, along with the many delicious sweet and sour maple toasted pecans you will ever eat in your life.
How to make vegan caesar salad dressing?
Creating a vegan caesar salad dressing is much simpler than you would believe. You will need the ingredients:
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Caper brine
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
I love to create of my caesar salad dressings with tahini, since I really like the nutty flavor it provides. However, the vital part of earning a caesar salad dressing is utilizing capers, caper-brine, fresh lemon-juice, garlic and a small little dijon-mustard. Those ingredients make a great traditional salty, strong flavor that is found in caesar salad dressings.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Butternut Squash Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Lentil Bolognese Recipe – Vegan + Gluten Free
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
Butternut Squash Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
For the Butternut Squash
- 3 cups butternut squash ½-inch cubed
- ½ tbsp honey or pure maple-syrup
- freshly-ground salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
For the Sweet and Salty Toasted Pecans
- 2 tsp pure-maple-syrup
- ½ cup pecan halves
For the Salad
- 16 oz brussels-sprouts (ends trimmed and yellow outer leaves removed)
- ½ cup chopped medjool dates
- ¾ cup seeds from 1 small-pomegranate
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced (honeycrisp or pink-lady apples are great)
- ⅓ cup shaved manchego (or shaved parmesan)
For the Caesar Dressing
- juice from ½ large lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp finely diced capers
- 1 tsp dijon-mustard
- 2 tbsp warm-water, to thin dressing
- 1 tsp caper-brine (from the jar of capers)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- freshly ground-salt and black-pepper
- 2 tbsp olive-oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large-baking-sheet with parchment-paper & also add butternut-squash-cubes. Drizzle with olive-oil, honey or maple syrup, pepper and salt. Toss to coat the butternut-squash with all the oil. Roast for half an hour, flipping halfway through. Butternut-squash is done fork-tender.
- Even though butternut squash is cooking, then you can toast-pecans, add the pecans into a pan and put over medium-heat, stirring occasionally for 4-5minutes till they are slightly golde- brown.
- Once golden-brown, then turn off the heat and stir in a teaspoon or 2 of maple-syrup to coat the pecans, followed with a sprinkle of sea-salt. Remove from heat & let it cool.
- Shred your brussels-sprouts: shave the brussels-sprouts using a food-processor together with the slicing attachment then pulse till the brussels-sprouts have been thinly sliced. (If you do not have a food-processor, don't hesitate to use a sharp-knife to slice. Add shredded-brussels sprouts into a large-bowl).
- Combine the dressing ingredients together in a small-bowl till smooth, tahini, olive-oil, garlic, fresh lemon-juice, caper-brine, diced-capers, dijon-mustard, freshly-ground black-pepper and warm-water. Taste & add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Pour dressing brussels-sprouts and toss with tongs to coat the brussels. Before you put in anything else, I highly recommend tasting the brussels to find out whether they're salty enough for your own liking. Otherwise, season with a little freshly ground pepper and salt. Next, you may opt to serve this onto a bowl or platter.
- If making in a bowl: stir in the cubed roasted butternut-squash, pomegranate-seeds, apple slices, chopped dates, shaved parmesan and toasted pecans. Gently toss again so that everything is combined.
- If make on a platter: add every one the brussels-sprouts covered with dressing into a massive platter. Top with roasted butternut-squash, subsequently pomegranate-seeds, apple pieces, chopped-dates, shaved manchego and ultimately, the toasted pecans.
PIN IT FOR LATER!