This chicken noodle casserole is so delicious and made with a chicken, creamy mushroom sauce, broccoli plus lots of cheese! Perfect for meal busy weeknights.
This chicken noodle casserole is a classic-comfort-food. No fancy ingredients, also quite simple to customize. It’s possible to use carrots and peas rather than broccoli, utilize leftover rotisserie chicken, and also play with different cheese choices.
Make a head method:
- Follow assembly directions and allow the casserole fully cool. Cover and simmer for up to 2-days.
- When ready to serve, allow it to sit for 30 minutes before baking. Bake it covered for 35 minutes rather than 25.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 3 cups dry rotini
- ½ cup milk any kind
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 10 ½ oz low sodium cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken works well too)
- ½ cup French crispy fried onions
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup regular cheddar shredded
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz sour cream equal to one cup
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ tsp garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Then boil the Rotini and cook for a few minute less than al dente, or refer to package for the cooking time. Prepare the rest of the casserole as the pasta cooks.
- Season the cubed chicken together with ½ tsp Italian seasoning, ¼ tsp pepper, also ⅓ tsp garlic salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat. Then add the chicken and sear, tossing occasionally for 4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli then cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, 2-cups sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream. Then add the cooked broccoli and chicken.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with all the casserole ingredients.
- Lightly grease a 9 x1″ casserole dish then add the casserole filling and top with 1 cup regular cheddar-cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the cover and top with crispy fried onions and bake for another 8 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Please, if you recreate this Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Sloopy Joe Casserole
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Garlic Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Baked Zucchini Spinach and Feta Casserole
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Casserole