This simple keto cheeseburger casserole is filling and hearty and makes a superb low-carb option to your cheeseburger.
This casserole is so tasty, in a superbly non-gourmet kind of manner. You are able to change the spices you use, and also you may add veggies. Like many casseroles, it is a really forgiving and versatile recipe.
You will just need a few straightforward ingredients to create this yummy keto cheeseburger casserole.
You are able to keep the leftovers from the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave, on 50% power.
Please, if you like this Keto Cheeseburger Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tsp coarse kosher salt not fine salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- olive oil spray for the baking dish
- ¼ cup unsweetened ketchup
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (about 6 oz)
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar divided (about 6 oz)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Then spray a 2-quart baking-dish with olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a large-skillet over medium-high-heat for2 minutes. Then add onions and beef.
- Cook, stirring to break up the beef, till the beef is browned and the onion is tender for 5 minutes. When there are fluids in the bottom of the skillet, then drain the mix and then return it to the skillet.
- Stir in the black pepper, garlic and kosher salt. Cook, stirring for a few minute.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the unsweetened ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and 1 cup cheddar.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking-dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through, for 15 minutes.
- Or, if your baking-dish is broiler-safe, broil the casserole 6-inches below the heating element (not straight under ) till cheese is melted, for 1-2 minutes.