This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken recipe just 30 minutes you will have delicious sweet and savory meal. So easy and quick and the flavors work so well together.
I really like this taste recipe, they have sweet and savory combo. This recipe uses chicken breasts, so it cooks even faster!
Your leftover Honey Garlic Chicken may be saved on your refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-5 days. You could even freeze it remain for up to 3 months in the freeze.
To reheating shredded chicken is super simple. Heat on your stove top on low-heat for 10 minutes to warm through.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups short grain white rice
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 ¼ cups water
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ⅔ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the Instant Pot on Sauté mode, then add olive oil abd heat it up.
- Season chicken with pepper and salt, then transfer to the instant pot and cook for 2 minutes each side, or till just browned. Remove chicken and put aside.
- In a mixing-bowl, combine chicken broth, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, parsley and oregano, mix till incorporated.
- Slowly twist the honey mixture into the Instant Pot and scrape up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Then add chicken back into the pot.
- Add rinsed rice into an oven safe-dish which will fit within your Instant Pot along with this trivet. Add 2 ¼ cups water to the dish with the rice and then cover the dish with foil.
- Put the dish on top trivet (the one which includes the Instant Pot). Gently put the trivet down to the pot in addition to the chicken. Lock the lid of the Instant Pot and set valve to”sealing”. Press the manual-button and then set the timer for 15 minutes on High-Pressure.
- After the timer beeps, allow the pressure discharge for 10 seconds. After all of the pressure is released, remove the lid and then get rid of the chicken and put onto a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- After that, turn the Instant Pot into "Saute" and in a small-bowl stir together ¼ cup cornstarch and ¼ cup water till smooth. Stir the slurry mix into the pot and let cook of a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken. Turn off the Instant Pot and stir shredded chicken back in the sauce.
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Please, if you recreate this Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Crack Chicken and Dumplings
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce