This is traditional cabbage roll recipe, however obviously veganized! They’re simple to make, relatively affordable, and certainly can leave you with a few leftovers excellent for lunches.
Getting those Cabbage Leaves
There are a few different means to have soften the leaves and also make them break loose. Though, I find boiling the cabbage works best.
Begin with cutting 1/4″ away from the base of the cabbage. After that, set the entire head of cabbage to boiling water for approximately 3 minutes. Then peel off the softened leaves the cabbage off. Repeat this till all of the larger leaves easily come off.
Initially you’ll likely just have be able to have about 1 or two leaves off, but since you repeat this and also the cabbage gets smaller, this process will speed-up.
Why I’m so Love this Cabbage Rolls? Because…
- low calories
- rich vitamin, mineral and antioxidants
- has gut-friendly insoluble fiber
- helps reduce inflammation
There are in fact countless varieties of cabbage grown in various areas of earth. Though, up before I utilized savoy cabbage in this recipe, I believed there were just two, green and red.
As you can see, I wasn’t the greatest fan of cabbage. Now, knowing all of the nutrients these little suckers are packaging, it is difficult not to adore them.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
- Lentil Bolognese (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Chiplotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown-rice cooked
- 1 head savoy-cabbage steamed
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 cup lentils cooked
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package mushroom sliced (about 227 g)
- 3 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 jar tomato-sauce (about 650 mL)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package, but leave just undercooked.
- Cook the lentils based to the package, also little undercooked.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sliced mushrooms and celery into a large-mixing-bowl.
- Heat olive-oil in medium frying-pan over low-medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook about 5-10minutes or till onions are transparent, stirring periodically.
- Then, add the softened garlic & onions into the large-mixing-bowl.
- For cabbage, cut 1/4" away from the base of the cabbage. After that, put the entire head of cabbage to boiling water for approximately 3minutes. Peel the softened leaves the cabbage off. Repeat till all of the bigger leaves readily come off.
- The lentils and rice should be completed, so go right ahead and add them into the large-mixing-bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Then add approximately 1 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of the casserole-dish. Put aside.
- Lay the cabbage leaf flat on a cutting board. Add about two large-spoonfuls into the middle of the cabbage. Next, fold both sides over the filling, then roll the cabbage. Place seam side down in the casserole-dish. Repeat with the remaining leaves.
- Subsequently, spread the remaining tomato sauce on the top of the cabbage rolls. Then cover and cook about 70minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
PIN IT FOR LATER!