Layers upon layers of vegetables snuggled involving corn tortillas, black beans, a homemade chipotle enchilada sauce and cheese. The very best and simplest vegetarian enchilada casserole!
What’s a casserole? It is essentially only a lot of items thrown into a dish to receive all of the taste and sauces roasted at the same time, not just for ease, but also to create the meals more flavorful. Just trust me once I tell you all these things.
It is all about the components that you use and the tastes you set together. You are able to add tortilla, rice, bread and noodles. Now I am making you one of my favourite foods on this ground: ENCHILADA CASSEROLE.
Casseroles are not just any old thang to throw around however. They could really be whatever you would like them to be as long as you understand how to put it together properly: Greek, Italian, American, Hispanic, Thai.
This one in particular is created out of a life altering homemade creamy enchilada chipotle sauce. An easy mixture of components such as chipotle chiles in adobo, tomato sauce, Almond Breeze almondmilk, along with other spices. Fantastic for slathering on scrambled eggs, throwing in burritos, slow cooking chicken in or drizzling throughout your enchiladas.
I chose to make this variant vegetarian because served cheese and mushroom enchiladas and they were SO ridiculously great. Anyhow, roasted veggies the best thing ever, particularly in enchiladas.
To maintain it milk free, just use a dairy-free cheese or you may leave the cheese out thoroughly, but I think that it adds nice taste. Plus melty cheese gold standard in my enchilada publication.
Oh and that I ususally use corn-tortilla, since it is only my taste flavor shrewd, but you’re advised to use anything you enjoy.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas – Gluten Free
Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
For the Roasted Veggies
- 8 oz package sliced baby-bella-mushrooms
- 1 red-onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red-bell-pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado-oil
- 1 orange-bell-pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1 yellow-bell-pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
For the Chipotle Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo-sauce (from the can)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili-powder
- ⅔ cup unsweetened Original Almond-Breeze-Almondmilk
For the Layers
- 3 corn-tortillas
- 1 can black-beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack-cheese, divided
- diced jalapenos, cilantro and avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking-sheet with parchment-paper, or you might also lineup two smaller baking-sheets if that is all you've got available.
- Place diced onion, diced bell-pepper, quartered zucchini & mushrooms on prepared baking-sheet. Drizzle with olive-oil and throw garlic on top. Generously throw with your hands to coat the veggies with oil and garlic. Roast veggies for 20-25minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting prepare the chipotle enchilada sauce: In the bowl of a food-processor, add the sauce ingredients & process for 30 second or till smooth.
- Reduce heat in oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13" baking-pan with non-stick cooking spray. Insert ½ cup enchilada-sauce into the base of the pan and spread evenly.
- Put 3 corn-tortillas over the sauce. You might want to cut 1 tortilla in half to make one coating.
- Add ½ of those roasted-veggies & half the black-beans in addition to the tortillas. Then drizzle ½ cup of enchilada-sauce on top followed by ½ cup of shredded-cheese.
- Repeat the layers , beginning with the three corn-tortillas, remaining beans & veggies, ½ cup enchilada-sauce & ½ cup cheese.
- Eventually add 3 corn-tortillas in addition to evenly cover the beans & veggies, then top with remaining enchilada-sauce & 1 cup cheese. Bake for 20-25minutes or till cheese is melted.
PIN IT FOR LATER!