Easy Vegan Butter Chicken – this vegan and gluten-free butter chicken is create with tofu rather than chicken and attractively rich cashew cream rather than dairy. Serve over rice for a hearty, filling and flavourful wholesome meal.
How to make this Easy Vegan Butter Chicken recipe?
This recipe is super simple to create. You’re going to want only half an hour to create it served over jasmine-rice making a wonderfully flavourful, nutritious and healthy meal.
To create that, first you will need to mix up a few raw-cashews and almond-milk or plain-water to generate cashew-cream.
Then saute the onions, ginger and garlic then put in the spices and cook for a couple more minutes. Lastly, stir in the diced tomatoes, tofu, sweetener and cashew-cream. Simmer till heated through and enjoy.
The ingredient may appear a little long but a lot of it’s spices, let’s discuss a couple of notes about the ingredients:
Raw cashews: you are going to need raw cashews to create the cream base with this recipe. Raw cashews are light beige in color and have no other added ingredients such as salt or oil.
Tofu: firm or extra-firm tofu is perfect for this recipe. For the best results you’ll be able to press it but it is not absolutely essential.
Diced tomatoes. You will need 1 28 ounce can of diced-tomatoes and you are going to be incorporating the whole can into the recipe. Pick organic and no-salt added tomatoes in the event that you’re able to!
Spices and herbs: you are going to require garlic, onion, ginger, chili-powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. 1 tablespoon fresh-ginger, minced.
This dish is rich and creamy, packed with protein and packed with nourishment. The creaminess comes from mixing raw-cashews with almond-milk, my normal go to for substituting heavy-cream.
This recipe is one of my favorites, the flavour is un-real and it requires less than half an hour to make! I hope you like it.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Vegan Butter Chicken recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Lentil Bolognese Recipe – Vegan + Gluten Free
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
- 1 tbsp fresh-ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut-oil (use vegetable-stock or water if you prefer)
- ½ cup raw-cashews + ½ cup unsweetened almond-milk or water
- 1 medium white-onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp pure maple-syrup
- 1 package organic-firm or extra firm-tofu, pressed and cubed
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mild chili-powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground-turmeric
- 1 28 can can diced-tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 tsp ground-coriander
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Press your tofu for at least 20minutes.
- Put the almond-milk and raw-cashews at a high-speed blender & blend till completely smooth. Put aside.
- In a large-pan, heat the coconut-oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger then cook about 5minutes while stirring.
- Add all of the spices & cook for a couple more minutes. Then add the maple-syrup, diced-tomatoes, cubed-tofu and cashew-mix. Mix well and simmer for 10minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt, if necessary. Then serve with rice and fresh-cilantro.
Only fold a dish fabric round the block of tofu and place a couple of thick books or plates in addition to it.
Allow it to sit for approximately 20-30minutes. This leaves all of the water out so it is ready to consume all of the yummy Indian tastes.
PIN IT FOR LATER!