This is so healthy delicious spinach salad ever! Loaded with sweet and spicy nuts bacon, feta, apples. These full of flavour and so easy to make it!
It is chock full of what I love: refreshing baby spinach, tangy feta cheese, crispy sweet apple pieces, bacon, tart dried cranberries and tasty sweet & spicy caramelized-nuts.
It is amazing, delicious and goes well with everything from Grilled Greek Chicken to lasagna or anything. It receives rave reviews every time I serve it.
In addition to the super easy vinaigrette is the best compliment to the salad ingredients. Personally, I like the lightest bit of drizzle to allow all of the other deliciousness glow but Brian smothers his salad in dressing (like have a tiny salad with your dressing) and vouches for the flavour, too. Here is the salad you need on your a dinner-plan.
Make it! Seriously. Simply make it. It is the best spinach salad.
Note for this Spinach Salad with Sweet Spicy Nuts Apples Bacon and Feta recipe
I really like onions but hate the after effects of eating them raw in a salad. To temper the onions a little bit, soak the onion pieces covered in cold water using a little baking soda (I use approximately 1/2 tsp soda). Let them sit for 15-20 minutes then wash and rinse well.
Ultimately, this recipe makes an superb principal dish if served along with Grilled Greek Chicken and bear in mind that each of the amounts can readily be accommodated according to taste.
Please, if you recreate this Spinach Salad with Sweet Spicy Nuts Apples Bacon and Feta recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Olive Garden Salad
- Easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Butternut Squash Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
Spinach Salad with Sweet Spicy Nuts Apples Bacon and Feta
For the Salad
- 16 oz baby-spinach
- 1 cup Feta-cheese crumbles (more or less to taste)
- ½ small red-onion, slivered
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries (more or less to taste)
- 6 slices of applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled or chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 Honey-Crisp apples, cored and sliced thin
For the Sweet Spicy Nuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup granulated-sugar
- Pinch of cayenne (more or less to taste)
For the Red Wine Vinaigrette
- fresh-cracked-pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp dijon-mustard
- ¼ cup red-wine-vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed or finely minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive-oil
- ½ tsp salt (more or less to taste)
For the Dressing
- Shake all of the ingredients together in a mason-jar till well blended or run them via a fast-blender. Store in the fridge till ready to serve. The dressing can be made up to a week beforehand.
For the Nuts
- Lightly toast the nuts in a 350°F for 8-10minutes, checking regularly so that they don't burnoff. While they toast, put the cayenne sugar & salt in a skillet over medium-low-heat.
- Cook the sugar mix till it liquifies-thoroughly, adjusting the heat so that it does not burn & bubble. Toss in the skillet & stir to coat the nuts with sugar. Allow the sugared-nuts cool entirely.
- Toss all of the salad-ingredients together with all the cooled-nuts. Serve immediately with all the vinaigrette alongside.
- Each of the ingredients can be quantified out/prepped beforehand and stored individually (I prefer to soak the apples at a little bit of lemon-juice in water to help prevent browning). Just toss before serving.