French Onion Chicken Tasty Recipe – we love this recipe is sold together in 1 skillet and also at under one hour, which suggests it’s WAY faster than French Onion Soup. Dunking very good bread in to the excess bowl sauce is highly encouraged.
- 3tbsp extra_virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 big onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 2tsp recently chopped coriander
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2tsp garlic, peppermint
- 1 3/4 pounds_boneless skinless chicken breastscut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2tsp dried peppermint
- 2tbsp Allpurpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. low-sodium beef broth
- 1 c. shredded Gruyère
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over moderate heat, warm 2 tbsp oil. Add onions and season with pepper, salt, and simmer. Reduce warmth to vandalize and cookstirring occasionally until onions are caramelized and jammy, roughly 25mins. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1min longer. Turn heat off and remove onion mix. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a big bowl, season chicken with salt, pepper and simmer, then throw with bread. Heat remaining oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden on either side and chiefly cooked through, approximately 8mins.
- Add beef broth and then reunite caramelized onions . Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked throughout and poultry broth reduces slightly, about 10mins or more.
- Insert Gruyère and pay skillet with a lid. Cook until cheese is melty, approximately 2mins. Remove from heat and garnish with parsley before serving.