These Delicious Lentil Meatballs (Vegan, Gluten-Free) are smothered in a creamy cashew gravy will certainly be a huge hit in your dinner table particularly during the holiday season!
I created this Lentil Meatball recipe and I was quite happy with the outcomes. Simple lentil meatballs recipe which could be packed with taste and fancy enough to be served at the table.
I enjoy making vegan meatballs since they can easily feed a bunch, they are fantastic for potlucks, and you may readily gauge the amount of individuals you’ll be functioning and make the ideal number for them. My Vegan Tofu Meatball recipe is also a massive hit!
Lentils are more healthy and full of nutrition and must be included as part of this diet. They are high in protein, fiber, and folate. The truth is that they can help you survive more, and they are pretty much the ideal food.
Note for Lentil Meatballs recipe?
- Substitute your favorite marinara-sauce to the creamy-cashew-gravy.
- To make oat-flour, I put rolled-oats in a blender and process till smooth. I keep it in an airtight-container in my fridge & I really like to use it in order to make gluten-free pancakes too.
- The gravy is thick so that you may want to add extra-water to make it thinner.
- Substitute cashews with sunflower-seeds for a nut-free creamy-gravy
Please, if you recreate this Lentil Meatballs Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas (Gluten-Free)
- BBQ Chickpeas Wraps with Ranch Dressing
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps and Tahini Sauce
- Lentil Bolognese (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
Delicious Lentil Meatballs (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
For the Lentil Meatballs
- 2 tbsp nutritional-yeast-flakes
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable-broth or water
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp bragg’s liquid-aminos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp ground-flax-seeds
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oat-flour
- ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- ½ tsp salt
For the Creamy Cashew Gravy
- 2 tbsp nutritional-yeast-flakes
- ½ cup cashews soaked for 1 hour then drained
- Pinch of cayenne-pepper
- 3 tbsp bragg’s liquid aminos start with 2 tbsp and taste, then add the extra if needed
- 1 tbsp arrowroot-powder or cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp Italian-seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high-heat. Add onion & cook till smooth for 3minutes. Stir in lentils, parsley, garlic, thyme, and paprika to coat.
- Add water & bring to boil over medium-heat. Reduce heat to simmer & cover the pot. Cook till lentils are tender and water has completely evaporated for 30minutes. (Make sure lentils not soggy and dry).
- Transfer lentil mixture to a large-bowl and put aside. Using a food-processor, process/pulse walnuts till finely chopped. Stir walnuts into lentils along with the yeast flakes, oat-flour, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, flaxseeds and salt.
- Preheat oven 400°F. Prepare baking-sheet with lightly greased parchment-paper.
- Scoop mixture, using about 1-2 tbsp. Form into balls and put them on prepared-sheets in a one layer till mixture is all gone. Bake for 30minutes or till brown and crispy on the outside.
To Prepare Cashew Gravy
- Blend onion powder, cashews, yeast flakes, arrowroot, garlic, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, water at a high-speed-blender & process till smooth.
- Pour sauce into a saucepan & add Italian seasonings, paprika and thyme. Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly with a wire whisk till sauce thickens.
- Put meat-balls in serving plate. Pour gravy on top & garnish with chopped parsley.