This Broccoli Salad is so simple to make, healthy and full of flavour. Topped with a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing. Combination of broccoli, red onion, bacon, sunflower seeds, cranberries and goat cheese. So delicious and very easy!
An simple, unassuming, broccoli salad. But do not let easy fool you, since this particular salad recipe is packed with full of flavor. It is equally crunchy, creamy, sweet and sour. And did I mention bacon is included?
In regards to salad recipes the majority of us gravitate towards leafy greens. And I will be the first to acknowledge that spinach is my salad of selection. So when you’re searching for a tiny salad shakeup and need something which’s great for potlucks, picnics and barbecues (since it is lasting ), provide this broccoli salad a whirl.
Can this Broccoli Salad Dairy-Free?
Of course. It is possible to omit the goat cheese or utilize a dairy-free cheese and then swap in dairy-free yogurt at the dressing. It will continue to be delicious!
Broccoli Salad Ingredients?
The wonderful thing about a broccoli salad recipe is how simple it’s to customize. Raw broccoli creates the majority of the broccoli and salad, dried fruit, seeds and cheese are often included. However, you can tweak every one of these to your dietary taste. Here Is What is included within my broccoli salad:
- Dried Cranberries
- Red Onion
- Goat Cheese
- Sunflower Seeds
Therefore, in the event that you want to use raisins instead of dried cranberries or slivered almonds rather than sunflower seeds, then do it. I have included goat cheese rather than cheddar cheese as I like it in salads and I think that it adds great creaminess. However, you might also create this salad dairy-free.
Please, if you recreate this Broccoli Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Healthy Recipes options:
- Roasted Garlic Miso Soup with Greens
- Baked Zucchini Spinach and Feta Casserole
- Roasted Nourish Bowl
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 broccoli-head (approx 5 cups of florets)
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup dried-cranberries
- ⅓ cup red-onion, diced
- ¼ cup goat-cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sunflower-seeds
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup plain-yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Add the bacon-slices to a parchment-lined baking-tray & cook about 15minutes or till crispy. Remove the bacon in the oven & transfer to a paper-towel to cool and dry.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice all of the broccoli-florets and be certain they are in bite-sized pieces. Add them into a large mixing-bowl together with the red-onion, dried-cranberries, sunflower-seeds and goat-cheese.
- To make the dressing, add the carrot and yogurt into a small bowl and stir together. Add the dressing into the mixing bowl and stir until all is well blended.