This vegan black bean burger recipe is simple to make and gluten-free! Made from black beans, sweet potatoes, quinoa, flax-seeds and tex-mex seasonings.
I like a fantastic veggie burger, particularly when it’s created with a number of my favourite ingredients such as black beans, sweet potatoes and quinoa!
All these vegetarian black bean burgers are simple to create, super pleasing and need no more eggs. To assist bind all of the components together, all you will need are a couple of tbsp of ground-flax-seed and then that is it!
The burgers are seasoned with a mix of chili powder, ground cumin, garlic, onion powder and oregano to help balance the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. The end result is a sweet & savory black-bean-burger which can satisfy even the greatest meat fans.
My favourite method of serving those black-bean burgers is in between a brioche-bun along with lettuce, tomato, onion toppings in addition. It is a little hot, super creamy and it leaves each hamburger better.
You might go on a few lettuce or collard greens and top it with a few tangy-crunch and a few pickled onions.
Recipe Tips for Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Be certain that you spray the parchment-paper with non-stick cooking spray or olive-oil. I made a batch in which I forgot to spray it & also the patties stuck into the paper.
- If the burger mixture is quite tacky when forming it into patties, add 1-2 tsp of ground-flax-seed to help absorb a number of the moisture.
- Drain as much moisture as you can from the canned black-beans. If more moisture in your mix, it more stickier it is going to be that will make it hard to form it into burger-patties.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Black Bean Burgers Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Calzones
- Delicious Vegetable Spaghetti
- Cauliflower Walnut Vegetarian Taco Meat
- Cauliflower Nuggets (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- BBQ Chickpea Wraps with Ranch Dressing
- Easy and Creamy Cuban Black Beans
- Teriyaki Cauliflower Power Bowls
Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- 1 tsp coarse kosher-salt
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 1 tsp chili-powder
- 1 15 oz can black-beans drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet-potatoes halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp ground-cumin
- 3 tbsp ground-flax-seed
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- ½ cup dry-quinoa about 1 ½ cups cooked
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried-oregano
- non-stick cooking spray or olive-oil
Optional for Serving
- easy chipotle-sauce
Bake the Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking-sheet with aluminum-foil and spray with non-stick cooking-spray. Place halved sweet-potatoes cut side & poke every half using a fork several times.
- Bake for 30-35minutes or till sweet-potatoes are tender & cooked through. Remove from oven & let cool for 5minutes. While sweetpotatoes are baking, make the quinoa.
Cook the Quinoa
- Put quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve & wash under cold running water for a few minute. Drain & transfer to a medium-pot. Then add 1 cup of water & bring to a boil on high-heat.
- Reduce heat to low, then cover & simmer for 10-15minutes or till quinoa is tender & cooked through. Let stand for 5minutes then remove the lid & fluff with a fork.
Make the Seasoning
- In a small-bowl, then put in the ground-flax-seed, onion-powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, coarse kosher-salt, ground black-pepper, chili-powder and garlic-powder. Mix together and then put aside.
Mash it up
- In a large-bowl, then add the black-beans and cooked sweet-potatoes. Mash till the consistency is just slightly-chunky. Some beans will be totally mashed & many others won’t. This can help create a wonderful texture.
Mix it all together
- Add the cooked quinoa and blended spices. Mix it all together till all of the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Shape into 8 burger-patties, about ⅓ cup of mix each.
Create the patties
- With your hands, shape the mixture into 8 burger patties, about a heaping ⅓ cup of mix each patty.
Cook the Burgers
- Line a large baking-sheet with parchment-paper & spray with non-stick cooking-spray or olive-oil. Place beans-patties bakin- sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 20minutes. Gently flip over the patties and bake for another 20minutes. Remove from oven & then serve and enjoy it!