This Thai Green Curry it is full of taste and easy enough for weeknight dinners. So healthful, vegetarian Thai green curry comprises fresh asparagus, lettuce and carrots!
This vegetarian Thai green curry recipe also comprises fresh asparagus, spinach and carrots in a tasty green coconut sauce. It is full of taste and easy enough for weeknight dinners.
I utilized store-bought Thai curry paste rather than raw components, since some (such as galangal) are difficult to discover and time consuming to prepare.
Don’t hesitate to substitute sliced snow-peas to the asparagus if it’s not in season in which you live. Recipe yields two big portions (as shown) or four small portions.
- Green Curry Paste: Search for This in the Asian section of the Supermarket. I likeThai Kitchen brand.
- Make Gluten Free: make certain to use gluten free tamari rather than regular soy sauce.
Please, if you recreate this Thai Green Curry with Spring Vegetables Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Cauliflower Walnut Vegetarian Taco Meat
- High Protein Vegan Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Easy and Creamy Cuban Black Beans
- Instant Pot Vegan Panang Curry
- Vegan Lentils Enchiladas – Gluten Free
Thai Green Curry with Spring Vegetables
- 1 14 oz can coconut-milk (I used full-fat coconut milk for a richer curry)
- 1 cup brown basmati rice rinsed
- 2 tsp coconut-oil or olive-oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger about a 1-inch nub of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ½ bunch asparagus tough ends removed and sliced into 2-inch long pieces (to yield about 2 cups prepared asparagus)
- 1 ½ tsp soy-sauce (I used reduced-sodium tamari)
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced on the diagonal into ¼-inch wide rounds (to yield about 1 cup sliced carrots)
- 1 small white-onion diced
- 2 tbsp Thai-green curry-paste
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp coconut-sugar or turbinado raw sugar or brown sugar
- 2 cups packed baby-spinach roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tsp rice-vinegar or fresh lime-juice
- ½ cup water
- Garnishes: handful of chopped fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes to taste
- To cook the rice, bring a large-pot of water to boil. Add the rinsed rice & keep boiling for half an hour, reducing heat as needed to avoid overflow.
- Remove from heat, drain the rice then return the rice to pot. Cover and allow the rice rest for 10 minutes or more, till you are ready to serve.
- Warm a large-skillet with deep sides over moderate heat. When it is hot, add a few tsp of oil. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger with a sprinkle of salt for 5minutes, stirring frequently.Add the carrots and asparagus then cook for 3minutes, stirring periodically. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring frequently for a few minutes.
- Pour the coconut-milk to the pan, along with ½ cup water & 1 ½ tsp sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat as required to keep a gentle simmer and cook till the carrots and asparagus are tender and cooked through, approximately 5-10minutes.
- After the veggies are done cooking, stir the spinach into the mix and cook till the spinach has wilted for a few seconds. Remove the curry from heat & season with rice-vinegar and soy-sauce.
- Add salt and red pepper flakes (optional) to taste. Split curry and rice into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, if you would like.