This vegan quinoa burger is very simple, healthful and packed with protein. There is no food-processor required plus it comes together fast in one-bowl.
This quinoa burger is loaded with non-meat protein power. Each patty has 10 grams of protein and it’s only 200 calories per patty.
For baking directions, place the patties on a greased baking-dish and bake for 15 minutes in 400°F. Then flip and bake for another 5 minutes.
It is literally quinoa, black beans, tomato paste and breadcrumbs. And I season it doesn’t just taste such as quinoa, black beans, tomato paste and breadcrumbs mashed together. It is a powerhouse patty not just packed with protein, but also fiber and flavor.
You can Substitutes:
Should you want not to use quinoa, you can attempt cooked brown rice rather. You can substitute other kinds of beans to the black beans, rather than bread crumbs, you can use panko breadcrumbs or loaf bread or almond milk. It can help to bind the burger.
Please, if you like this Quinoa Burger recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- burger buns and toppings of choice
- In a small-pot, cook the quinoa with water and add salt to taste. Bring a boil, cover and simmer for 14 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- In a big bowl, add the rinsed black beans and mash the bean completely using a fork or potato masher.
- Add the cooked quinoa into the black beans, add the tomato paste, all of the seasoning and the breadcrumbs. Form 4-patties.
- Heat olive oil in a grill-pan, set the quinoa burgers at the pan and fry over moderate heat for 4 minutes each side.
- Build a hamburger with your favourite buns and toppings.