Pineapple Baked Chicken – this simple weeknight chicken dinner includes important Hawaiian pizza compromises (minus the ham). Do not skip the seasoning! The dried herbs, garlic powder, and paprika balance the creaminess in the mozzarella and sweetness of the lemon.
Pineapple Baked Chicken
- ¾ tsp Italian-seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp sweet-paprika
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive-oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1½ c shredded-mozzarella
- 2 tbsp freshly grated-Parmesan
- 4 thin pineapple rounds
- ¼ c diced red-onion
- Freshly ground black-pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small-bowl, mix Italian-seasoning, sweet-paprika and garlic-powder. Season chicken with pepper & salt.
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high warmth, heat oil. Cook chicken on the very side till golden, about 5minutes. Remove from heat & sprinkle around with seasoning mix.
- Sprinkle tops of chicken with 1 cup mozzarella & the most Parmesan. Arrange a pineapple round in addition to every piece of chicken. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella & remaining Parmesan.
- Bake until cheese is melty and chicken is cooked through, about 10minutes.
- Garnish with red onion and cilantro before serving.