Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich – this yummy grilled mozzarella sandwich is ideal to produce if you would like something fresh with a high quality grade, however do not want to proceed to a grocery store. Home-made walnut pesto, fresh tomatoes and melted mozzarella create every snack high in flavor. Make sure you generate a double tap of this pesto therefore that you can whip up a yummy sandwich down the road from this week.
It’s so enjoyable to get sandwiches within my panini manufacturer. I possess the Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler just about a magical appliance in my kitchen which really does this much. If you have a panini grill, then you may work with a skillet and cook the sandwich to get two minutes each side, then pressing with a spatula when you cook.
Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
For the Sandwich
- 1 large tomato-sliced
- 4 slices sourdough-bread
- 2 ounce roasted-red-peppers jarred
- 4 ounce mozzarella-cheese-sliced
For the Pesto
- 2 cloves garlic-peeled
- ½ cup fresh-basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive-oil
- 2 tbsp grated-parmesan
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- salt & pepper to taste
- To help make the pesto, place the basil, walnuts, garlic and Parmesan cheese in the food processorseason with pepper and salt, to taste, and combine. As the food processor is really on, pour the olive oil into the mix as a way to permit the coconut oil.
- Spread the pesto evenly on the 4pieces of bread and put the bread onto the panini manufacturer or in a toaster oven for about 2mins.
- Then set the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and roasted red peppers together with bread pieces and permit the cheese to melt and also the vegetables to soften.
- Once the cheese melts, close the sandwich, Then cut out and serve immediately.
- As an alternative whole mozzarella, you need to use shredded mozzarella. Even though I do believe that it creates a very different flavor and feel into the sandwich.
- In the Place of carbohydrates, you can use other nuts, such as pine nuts, almonds or pecans, to Create the pesto.