If you want a healthy and satisfying meal in a rush! You will love this perfectly seasoned mixture of sausage, onions, zucchini, and peppers. Whole30 compliant, gluten-free and dairy-free.
This reassuring meal may be enjoyed independently or you are welcome to serve it on cauliflower or traditional-rice. In any event you are likely to be pleasantly gobbling everything up in 20 minutes or less.
This Skillet Sausage and Zucchini is simple and delicous. It tastes much like a classic Italian Sausage and peppers dish however you are getting some additional vegetables in there because of its zucchini.
Use your preferred completely cooked sausage. I favor Applegate Chicken Sausage (the one by the fridge case rather than the frozen section) since their ingredient listing is amazing and I have never tried one of the varieties which I did not like.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Skillet Sausage and Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- 4 fully cooked sausages sliced into circles ¼-inch thick
- 1 onion cut into ¾ inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- fresh basil for garnish (optinoal)
- 1 bell pepper any color, cut into ¾-inch pieces (close to same size as zucchini)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat.
- When the oil is hot, then add chopped sausage and sautè, flipping sausage often, for a few minutes or till sausage slices have some browning. Remove from pan and put aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 ½ tbsp of oil to skillet together with the zucchini, onion & bell pepper. Then sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, pepper and salt. Stir.
- Let cook till the onion is translucent, peppers and zucchini are near tender for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage back into the skillet together with minced garlic. Stir. Cover so everything moves through for a few minutes. Taste and add additional salt if needed.
Please, if you recreate this Skillet Sausage and Zucchini Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
- One Pot Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Cauliflower Shawarma Buddha Bowl
- Quick and Easy Avocado Tostadas
- Classic Chickpea Salad Sandwich