Paula Deen’s Green Bean Casserole – this homemade Green Bean Casserole recipe by Paula Deen can be a straightforward make-ahead side-dish thought for vacations and family dinners. It’s high in ingredients and can be topped with hot, crispy cheese.
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/3 stick butter
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1 10 3/4-oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup grated Cheddar
- ½ cup Frenchfried onions
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 35min Total Time: 45min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter over moderate heat in a skillet. Saute the mushrooms and onions for 5min, until softened.
- Insert the garlic and cook for a further minute. Remove from heat.
- Boil the chicken broth in a large pot and add the green beans. Cook for 10min & then drain.
- In a big bowlcombine the mushrooms, onions, garlic, green beans, mushroom soup along with french fried onions. Insert any salt/pepper if desirable, keep from adding a lot of salt.
- Pour into a greased inch 1/2 noodle dish. Bake uncovered for 20sec.
- shirt with the grated cheese and bake for another 10min.