All these Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice Mushroom Stuffing are full of an herbaceous-mushroom and wild-rice mix then smothered in a tasty tomato-sauce. They’re a tasty vegan and gluten-free dinner-meal!
This mixture becomes rolled in cabbage, smothered in a rich and yummy tomato sauce, and then baked to perfection.
Traditional cabbage rolls or Golubtsi, they usually often full of beef or pork, rice and assorted spices. To create my variant plant, I utilized wild rice as the primary ingredient. The rice becomes blended with sauteed onions and mushrooms, plus spices and herbs.
Can I pre make this and freeze it??
I would let the baking dish come room temp before baking to ensure it doesn’t crack. You may also find that you need to bake the dish for a bit longer.
I would check it at the 50 minute mark and then increase time as needed. If the leaves start to brown, you can cover it with some aluminum foil and keep cooking until warmed through.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- High Protein Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpea (Ready in 15 Minutes)
- Creamy Black Bean Taquitos
- Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos (Baked Veggie Flautas)
- Easy Delicious Vegan Calzones
Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
- 1 cup wild-rice mix
- 8 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 large head-savoy-cabbage leaves carefully removed
- 1 onion diced
- pinch red-pepper-flakes
- 1 tsp dried-basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp avocado-oil or olive-oil
- ½ tsp salt
For the Sauce
- ⅓ cup tomato-paste
- 1 tsp basil
- 15 oz tomato-sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- ¼ tsp smoked-paprika
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the rice according to the package intructions. While the rice cooks, heat the oil in a skillet over moderate. Add in the onion and saute till translucent for 5-7minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, basil, pepper, and salt. Sautee till the mushrooms are cooked for 7-10minutes. Put aside.
- In a small-saucepan add all the sauce ingredients. Over moderate heat, bring the sauce to a simmer. Cover & simmer for 5minutes. Put aside.
- Add the cabbage leaves into a large-bowl. Fill the bowl with boiling water & cover the bowl with a plate, lid, or possibly a cookie-tray. Let sit for 10minutes so that the cabbage softens and becomes even simpler to roll-up.
- Take a cabbage-leaf, shaking off the excess water then add 2-4 tbsp of the filling mix (more for larger leaves, less for smaller) to one end of the cabbage leaf.
- Roll up the foliage like a burrito, tucking in the sides. Line-up filled & rolled leaves from the baking-dish.
- Keep on rolling & adding into the baking-dish till all of the leaves are stuffed. Cover with the remaining sauce and bake at 350°F for 40-50minutes or till the rolls have been heated through. Serve and enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER!