This kale and cabbage pad thai salad full of flavors pad thai in salad form! This is Sweet and Spicy Kale Pad Thai from Whole Foods and this is vegan and gluten-free.
Normal pad Thai is definitely yummy, but it is fairly carb heavy. In this recipe we are substituting the rice noodles with cabbage and kale to get a veggie-loaded, fiber packaged dish which you could feel great about loading in your plate.
I really don’t know about you, but I am totally a quantity eater so vegetable packaged dishes in this way are fantastic. They let me consume lots of meals so I feel full and satisfied, but not packed or hefty.
I enjoy how colorful and bright this salad. The red bell pepper, orange carrots, onions and green kale are really beautiful. Filling your plate with vibrant foods signifies that your getting a great deal of different nourishment, but it could also boost your mood!
Each the vegetables contained in the salad are tasty in their own, but what makes this salad would be the dressing. It’s all of the flavors you would expect from a Thai peanut dressingtable, but I utilized Bragg’s liquid aminos instead of soy sauce and also skipped the fish sauce, and it can be a usual suspect in Thai sauces. So this dressing is soy vegetarian and soy free!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Kale and Cabbage Pad Thai Salad Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Detox Moroccan Chickpea Glow Bowl
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos (Baked Veggie Flautas)
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls with Lentils and Brown Rice
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls
- Quick and Easy Avocado Tostadas
Kale and Cabbage Pad Thai Salad
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained (about 15 oz)
- 2 carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ small head of green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of kale thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
For the Light Pad Thai Dressing
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or low-sodium tamari)
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sriracha (or more depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- juice of 2 limes (about 4 tbsp)
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a glass-jar. Then shake or stir till smooth and combine. It might be hard to stir the peanut butter at first.
- Be sure all veggies are slices into bite-size pieces & toss in a large-bowl to blend.Then add the chickpeas and top with dressing. Mix till all ingredients are well coated.
- Serve and enjoy!