All these Vegan Zucchini Fritters are made with red lentils and sweetcorn. Healthy and super flexible, they are tasty as a salads, side dish and also in sandwiches. And they are gluten-free and oil-free.
I adore these fritters for a lot of diverse reasons. First of all, they are a terrific way to consume more vegetables, even when you’re not fond of zucchini. It provides a whole lot of structure and texture, but the additional components conceal the flavour well. You may even replace it with carrot if that is what you want.
The product is whole-food plant-based, oil-free and gluten-free (provided that you use a non-stick-skillet). They are made from whole grain components which don’t break the bank, and therefore are much simpler than it seems.
You are able to create them with various vegetables, add legumes and beans, sprinkle in fresh spices, etc. Exactly like sandwiches, oatmeal and pasta, fritters are some thing I might never get tired of.
I understand you may fret about egg-free fritters falling apart or tasting dry. But don’t worry! The addition of buckwheat-flour works well to bind them together, combined with only a dab of water.
And those fritters are certainly the furthest thing from dry. The outside is absolutely crispy, although the inside retains only the ideal amount of softness.
Whenever I create vegan zucchini fritters, I make a few extra to store in the refrigerator for meal-prep because once they are prepared, it is possible to assemble such a enormous assortment of healthy and simple meals together. They are terrific for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Zucchini Fritters With Red Lentils Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
- Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpea Recipe (Ready in 15 Minutes)
- High Protein Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Creamy Black Bean Taquitos
- Vegan Black Bean Burgers
Vegan Zucchini Fritters With Red Lentils
- ½ cup red-lentils uncooked
- ½ cup sweetcorn fresh
- 2 medium zucchinis grated
- 2 tbsp nutritional-yeast
- 1 medium red-onion chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lentils based on directions on packing (this generally takes approximately 15minutes). Meanwhile, use your hands to squeeze as much water as you can from the grated-zucchini.
- Add the zucchini, cooked red lentils, red onion, sweetcorn, nutritional yeast, garlic, paprika, buckwheat flour and cumin into a large mixing bowl. Season to taste with pepper and salt then stir together the components.
- Use slightly damp hands to shape fritter-shapes, flattening down them to a non-stick-skillet. Cook in batches about 3-4minutes on each side, or till golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately or you can store in the refrigerator in an airtight-container for up to 4-days.