All these Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are topped with creamy avocado, tangy vegan ranch dressing and also crunch green onions. You’ll love the flavour in this healthful and satisfying dish meal. This is vegan and gluten-free.
These are simple to create and much easier if you create the baked sweet potatoes, chickpeas and dressing beforehand. When it is all made, it is only a matter of throwing everything on your baked sweet potato and grinding in. I included avocado for some creamy texture, cool and green onion to get a little crunch & additional pop of flavour.
I kept it easy but you could also fold some a chopped dill, parsley or chives to add a second layer of ranch-flavour. A spoonful of nutrient yeast also functions for a little bit of extra-flavour.
The chickpeas are fantastic for topping baked sweet potatoes but you may also use them in spicy chickpea salads, wraps and soups. They may also be mashed with red onion and a few diced celery to create a hot egg salad-inspired sandwich. Or simply eat them in their own since they are seriously yummy and addictive!
Recipe note for Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- I have not tried creating the chickpeas with no olive oil but if you would like, I think that it would be fine to leave it out in the event that you want the recipe to become oil-free.
- Instead to tender tofu, you can use raw cashews to create the vegan ranch dressing. Use 1/3 cup raw-cashews blender with 2 tablespoon of water to substitute the 1/2 a bundle of tofu.
- The remaining ingredients can remain exactly the same except you might want to correct the water somewhat to make it to the perfect consistency. For the best results and the smoothest dressing, then soak the cashews to get at least a couple of hours and drain before using.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Cabbage Rolls with Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
- High Protein Vegan Lasagna Soup
- Vegan Sticky Sesame Chickpea Recipe (Ready in 15 Minutes)
- Creamy Black Bean Taquitos
- Vegan Black Bean Burgers
- Easy Delicous Vegan Taquitos (Baked Veggie Flautas)
Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
For the Buffalo Chickpeas
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained (or approx. 2 cups or 360 grams cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp buffalo-sauce
- pinch of black-pepper
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- ½ tsp sea-salt
For the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 2 tbsp of fresh chopped dill chives or parsley (optional)
- ½ package 150 g of soft-tofu
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon-juice
- 2 tbsp apple-cider-vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea-salt
For the Stuffed Sweet Potato
- chopped green-onion for topping
- ¼ of an avocado per person
- 1 small baked sweet-potato per person (or half a medium to large-sized)
Make the Buffalo Chickpeas
- Put the rinsed & drained chickpeas in a bowl then combine together with ⅓ cup buffalo-sauce, olive, oil, pepper and salt.
- Cook in a pan till begin to thicken and nearly caramelize about 10minutes over moderate heat. Stirring occasionally. As you stir, mash a few of these up to make some texture.
- Once they’re done, blend in the additional 1 tablespoon of buffalo-sauce.
Make the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the herbs, in case you are using) into a high-heeled-blender or food-processor till creamy and smooth.
- Add extra water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- If you are adding parsley or fresh-dill, stir them once it is blended.
Assemble the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- When using, add a few fresh-spinach into a plate or bowl & put the baked sweet-potato on top.
- Cut the sweet potato in half & then open it up a little so that you may add the remaining ingredients.
- Add a spoonful of sliced avocado, chopped green onion, chickpeas and a spoonful of this vegan ranch dressing.
PIN IT FOR LATER!