Indian Butter Chicken this is easy simple one pot recipe for a Traditional Indian! Juicy butter chicken simmered at a creamy tomato based sauce. You can make it in half an hour!
Not one of the spices are so exotic they are difficult to discover and you may find all of them in your grocery shop. Keeping recipes convenient enough so that you really make them is important to me personally.
Garnished with cilantro and served on high basmati rice, that is really a keeper that is faster than visiting your regional Indian restaurant since it is prepared in half an hour.
Tips for Making the Best Butter Chicken
- I used no-salt additional tomato-sauce and employed almost 2tsp salt in total, but if you are using salted tomato sauce 1 tsp salt will probably be sufficient.
- If you are a sauce enthusiast, this recipe generates an abundant quantity of sauce as composed. If you do not desire it saucy, it is possible to scale back on the total amount of tomato sauce or cream.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Indian Butter Chicken Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Easy Grilled Chicken Margherita
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Paleo Crispy Sesame Chicken with Cauli Rice
- Grilled Greek Chicken
Indian Butter Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breast diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- basmati rice or your favorite rice, for serving
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (½ stick + 1 stick), divided
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1+ tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce (I used no-salt added)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves or to taste for garnishing
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- In a large-skillet add ¼ cup butter, onion, and also sauté over medium-high-heat till the onions soften and caramelize for 5minutes, stir frequently.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5minutes, or till chicken is completed, reverse and stir frequently to ensure even cooking. Then add the garlic, stir to blend, and cook for a minute, or until aromatic, stir regularly.
- Add the cumin, garam masala, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, pepper, salt and stir to blend.
- Add the remaining ½ cup butter and heat till melted, stir often.
- Add the tomato sauce, heavy-cream then stir to blend and permit mixture to simmer for 10minutes, or till sauce has thickened and decreased marginally. Taste and add additional cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, etc (if desired).
- Add rice into the serving dishes and top with chicken as much sauce as desired.
- Evenly garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.