Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas – this hearty and healthy vegan quinoa chickpea salad is packed with vegetables and plant fats, also pulled using a bright and zippy lemon vinaigrette. You’ll love it and shortly to be your new favourite lunch.
This gorgeous dish quinoa chickpea salad relies off my favourite meal that the Moroccan Chicken Quinoa Salad. Lately, I meal prepped a double batch of this salad. I knew I had another edition, a vegan model with crispy baked chickpeas.
This dish Moroccan Salad is ideal for you, when you want heartier foods for you through the days. This salad combines the very best of your daily food.
I coating quinoa with crispy Moroccan spiced chickpeas, and sweet roasted beets and butternut squash. Mix that with fresh cucumber and tomatoes & a lot of fresh herbs, and we have got something quite specific on our handson.
What attracts all of the flavors together is really a bright lemony vinaigrette. This dressing is really simple to create, and you will end up pouring it on all! Such a fantastic way to add a pop of taste and brightness to a meal.
Perfectly Spiced Moroccan Chickpeas
The mix of spices coating these chickpeas is that which actually make this salad on the top! Cooking spices not only adds flavor, but also antioxidants using strong anti inflammatory properties.
My favourite spices to work into my recipes everyday are ginger, garlic and cinnamon. They work nicely on meats, in sweet recipes or smoothies, and as a tasty coating for all these crunchy chickpeas!
To coat the chickpeas, blend up some cumin, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, salt and a pinch of cayenne. Blend them together.
First, drizzle the chickpeas with olive-oil and lemon- juice & the shake the spices them over, then stir to completely coat.
Lay them out on a baking-tray with beets, and cubed butternut squash and they’re all set to go from the oven. I used a can of chickpeas here (without added salt, because I’d be adding this coating ), but don’t hesitate to cook your chickpeas should you use them a great deal!
Serving Tips For This Recipe
This salad is a good dinner or lunch, and is ideal for meal prep!
- Roast Chickpeas, butternut & beets, like in recipe.
- Layer chickpeas, roasted veggies and quinoa in containers and drizzle with the dressing table.
- Keep cucumbers, tomatoes and herbs in another container, blend together before serving. This retains the veggies from becoming soggy from sitting at the dressing for a long time.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Lentil Bolognese Recipe – Vegan + Gluten-Free
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Brown Rice Burrito Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Nuggets
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti
Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- ½ butternut-squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa cooked, to package directions
- 2 beets peeled and cubed (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups cherry-tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Italian-parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 tsp sweet-paprika
- ¾ tsp sea-salt less if chickpeas are salted
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dijon-mustard
- 3 tbsp white wine-vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 tbsp honey or date-syrup for vegan option
- .3 tbsp lemon-juice
- sea-salt and black-pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the chickpeas into a bowl, and drizzle with olive-oil & lemon-juice. Mix all spices together in a small-dish, then coat chickpeas using all the spices.
- On a large-baking-dish, place-out cubed beets & butternut, then spray with olive-oil. Leave 1/3 of this baking-tary to also lay out chickpeas.
- Bake chickpeas, beets and butternut about 25-30minutes.
- Layer chickpeas, roasted veggies, quinoa and cucumbers and fresh-tomatoes with chopped herbs.
- Toss salad with lemon-vinaigrette.
PIN IT FOR LATER!