Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon will get an immediate favorite in the very first bite. You’ve got tender cabbage that’s seasoned to perfection with onions, garlic, not to mention salty bacon. This fried bacon and cabbage is magic, it merely works in an amazing way!
Let you know this side dish is easy to make but rich with vibrant tastes and you can pair with any major dish. I used a cast iron skillet and it functioned flawlessly for this southern fried cabbage I grew up eating.
This recipe for fried bacon and cabbage is anything but bland. As you can see, I use a handful of ingredients to truly bring in dimension and depth into the cabbage. It actually soaks up the flavors for a incredible dish.
This dish is hearty enough to make it a meal on its own should you would rather go that path above a dish. Pair with a homemade dinner roll, side salad, as well as vegetable and call it a meal! But you decide to function this fried cabbage you’re guaranteed to love it.
This fried cabbage comes together fast. When you cook your bacon and then put in from the cabbage together with seasonings, in no time you start to realize your cabbage break and wilt. Then you are aware that it’s prepared to dish it up to guests and family. I classify this one dish that is quick to make if you don’t have a whole lot of time.
Can Cabbage be frozen for later use?
If you do not intend to utilize all your up fresh cabbage, you can freeze what you do not use. Only cut on your cabbage into quarters and separate the leaves. Put in a sealable freezer bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Then once you go to use it, then thaw first then dice and utilize. It won’t have the crisp feel as refreshing but works good for placing in soups and stews or creating a grilled cabbage dish.
What exactly are you waiting for? Give this simple and effortless side dish recipe a go. If you love cabbage you may love the fun twist of this fried cabbage. Take a skillet along with your own ingredients and get to focus on a single excellent dinner dish to match up.
Please, if you recreate this Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Lentil Bolognese Recipe – Vegan + Gluten Free
- Chipotle Black Bean Roasted Veggie Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Ramen
Southern Fried Cabbage and Bacon
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp black-pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ tsp red-pepper-flakes
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 lb thick cut-bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces & simmer at a moderate heat till crispy and brown.
- Remove bacon & depart grease from bacon in pan.
- Put garlic and onion in the pan then simmer for a few minutes.
- Chop-up cabbage into bite size bits.
- Put cabbage in the pan together with spices.
- Stir & cook on a moderate heat about 5-7minutes or till cabbage is tender.
- Stir bacon back into the pan and combine with all the cabbage. Serve and Enjoy.