The best of Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Casserole recipe with black beans, corn, bell pepper, cheese and enchilada sauce. A hearty and tasty vegetarian dinner recipe. Easy to make and i really sure you’ll love it!
This casserole really is extremely filling, so easy to make and delicious. Chock full of veggies, protein, along with a tasty cheesy combination of cream cheese and mexican cheese. Fresh lime-juice along with enchilada-sauce to get an unbelievable taste!
Mexican recipes are really simple to make vegetarian. Perfect to get your veggies and protein all in one-dish. We consume mexican recipes at minimum once weekly, occasionally more.
You’ll need Ingredients:
- red onion
- mexican cheese
- red bell pepper
- enchilada sauce
- fresh garlic
- diced fire roasted tomatoes
- frozen corn kernels
- fresh lime
- cooked white rice
- black beans
- chili powder
- cream cheese
How to make Vegetarian Mexican Casserole?
- Cooking white-rice in a rice cooker. Frankly you’re able to make it on the stove, however that sticky, super-fluffy-rice right from the rice cooker.
- Aside from the rice, this recipe comes together in one large pot.I utilized my dutch-oven and i think it was the perfect size! Any large-pot will work for this recipe.
- Chop up all your veggies and make them ready to cook. First, add olive-oil, garlic, red-onion and bell-pepper into the dutch-oven. Cook over medium high-heat, stirring frequently tlil the onion is translucent.
- Add the forzen-corn, fire-roasted tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add cooked rice, enchilada sauce, black beans, cream cheese, fresh lime juice, spices and some of those mexican-cheese.
- Stir to blend and heat through, then salt to taste.
Serving for Mexican Rice Casserole:
Serve topped with cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream.
Squeezing some fresh lime on top will create the tastes pop more.
We love dipping it with tortilla chips for this additional crunch element.
No fuss! Super tasty food in a bowl with of fresh veggies, black beans, cream cheese, enchilada sauce, fresh lime and much more. That this casserole is all thing so tasty!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole recipe, don’t forget too give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegetarian Recipes options:
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Quick Creamy Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry
Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- 4 cups cooked white-rice
- 1 cup frozen-corn kernels
- 1 medium red-onion, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz enchilada-sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp cream-cheese
- 1 can black-beans, drained
- 1 tsp chili-powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 14 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 red-bell pepper, diced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup mexican-cheese or more for topping
- tortilla-chips for serving
- sour-cream for serving
- Cook rice according (I used a rice-cooker). You'll need 4-cups of cooked rice to Increase the recipe.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large-heavy-skillet over medium high-heat (I used Ducth-oven).
- Add 1 tbsp of olive-oil, garlic, saute the red-onion, and bell-pepper cook about 8-12minutes, or till onion becomes translucent.
- Then add the corn and fire-roasted tomatoes, stir for 3minutes.
- Add drained 4 cups of cooked rice, lime-juice, black-beans, enchilada-sauce, chili-powder, cream cheese, cumin, cayenne and ½ cup of mexican-cheese and add salt to taste.
- Serve topped with added mexican-cheese, tortilla chips and sour-cream.