The best of Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Casserole recipe with black beans, corn, bell pepper, cheese and enchilada sauce. A hearty and tasty vegetarian dinner recipe. Easy to make and i really sure you’ll love it!
This casserole really is extremely filling, so easy to make and delicious. Chock full of veggies, protein, along with a tasty cheesy combination of cream cheese and mexican cheese. Fresh lime-juice along with enchilada-sauce to get an unbelievable taste!
Mexican recipes are really simple to make vegetarian. Perfect to get your veggies and protein all in one-dish. We consume mexican recipes at minimum once weekly, occasionally more.
You’ll need Ingredients:
- red onion
- mexican cheese
- red bell pepper
- enchilada sauce
- fresh garlic
- diced fire roasted tomatoes
- frozen corn kernels
- fresh lime
- cooked white rice
- black beans
- chili powder
- cream cheese
How to make Vegetarian Mexican Casserole?
- Cooking white-rice in a rice cooker. Frankly you’re able to make it on the stove, however that sticky, super-fluffy-rice right from the rice cooker.
- Aside from the rice, this recipe comes together in one large pot.I utilized my dutch-oven and i think it was the perfect size! Any large-pot will work for this recipe.
- Chop up all your veggies and make them ready to cook. First, add olive-oil, garlic, red-onion and bell-pepper into the dutch-oven. Cook over medium high-heat, stirring frequently tlil the onion is translucent.
- Add the forzen-corn, fire-roasted tomatoes and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add cooked rice, enchilada sauce, black beans, cream cheese, fresh lime juice, spices and some of those mexican-cheese.
- Stir to blend and heat through, then salt to taste.
Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole
- 4 cups cooked white-rice
- 1 cup frozen-corn kernels
- 1 medium red-onion, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 oz enchilada-sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp cream-cheese
- 1 can black-beans, drained
- 1 tsp chili-powder
- 3 tsp cumin
- 14 oz diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 red-bell pepper, diced
- salt to taste
- ½ cup mexican-cheese or more for topping
- tortilla-chips for serving
- sour-cream for serving
- Cook rice according (I used a rice-cooker). You'll need 4-cups of cooked rice to Increase the recipe.
- While rice is cooking, heat a large-heavy-skillet over medium high-heat (I used Ducth-oven).
- Add 1 tbsp of olive-oil, garlic, saute the red-onion, and bell-pepper cook about 8-12minutes, or till onion becomes translucent.
- Then add the corn and fire-roasted tomatoes, stir for 3minutes.
- Add drained 4 cups of cooked rice, lime-juice, black-beans, enchilada-sauce, chili-powder, cream cheese, cumin, cayenne and ½ cup of mexican-cheese and add salt to taste.
- Serve topped with added mexican-cheese, tortilla chips and sour-cream.
Please, if you recreate this Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole recipe, don’t forget too give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegetarian Recipes options:
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Quick Creamy Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry