Easy and wholesome Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps! Having a creamy peanut sauce these are perfect for weeknight meal!
Healthy thai sweet-potato and cauliflower lettuce wraps which are tasty, filling and fresh! All these lettuce wraps are full of roasted sweet-potato, crumbled tofu and cauliflower, dressed in a creamy-peanut-sauce.
It is all of the top thai flavours wrapped into a crispy and fresh gem lettuce leaf. The mixture of flavour and texture will have you reaching for a few of those wraps!
I used mini-gem lettuce for them because I love how adorable they look but you may use any lettuce size you want! All these thai lettuce wraps are an ideal fast and healthy weeknight meal! So let us go through how to create them.
How to assemble Lettuce Wraps?
Dry and wash lettuce leaves then set them onto a plate, curved side-up. Spoon a tablespoon or two of filling to the lettuce-cups.
Then top with an decent-drizzle of peanut-sauce, sesame seeds, coriander and sliced spring-onions.
They are very healthy, easy to make and fun to eat! If you are not a lover of tofu or do not have some, you can readily sub for a few tempeh, chickpeas or soya mince.
You may even change up the veggies with whatever you’ve got available like a mushrooms, kale or butternut squash they are also yummy!
You might turn them into tacos, simply fill up some tortilla wraps together with all the filling, shredded lettuce and the toppings!
The mix will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. In case you have leftovers, attempt incorporating serving with a side of rice in a wrapping or using a jack-potato.
How to make Vegan Lettuce Wraps?
First we will prepare the sweet-potato and cauliflower for roasting.
Peel the roast-potat and cut into 2cm chunks. Then cut the cauliflower into bits around precisely the exact same size.
Put them in a large-roasting tin, then coating with the thai flavour mix. This is composed of onion-powder, olive-oil, garlic-powder, red-thai curry-paste, pepper and salt.
Toss the veggies so that they’re well coated, then pop in the oven for half an hour.
Whilst the veggies are roasting you can fry the tofu-crumbles and create the satay-sauce.
To make the peanut-sauce mix together peanut-butter (crunchy or smooth), red-thai curry-paste, coconut-milk, lime-juice and walnut-syrup.
Whisk together till smooth and place aside for later. For your tofu, put oil and soy-sauce (or tamati if Gluten-Free) in a skillet onto medium-high heat.
Crumble the tofu on your hands and to the pan. You wish to use firm tofu to this that it crisps-up nicely. Cook for 5-10minutes before pieces are beginning to go brown and crispy.
Check the veggies, the sweet-potato ought to be tender through and also the cauliflower will be starting to go crispy on the edges.
Mix in with the tofu & you’ve got your filling prepared!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest. Please, if you recreate this Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps recipe, don’t forget too give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roated Nourish Bowl
- Crunchy Thai Quinoa Salad Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Quick Creamy Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry
Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- 2 medium large sweet-potatoes
- 2 mini gem-lettuce or 1 large gem-lettuce
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce or tamari
- 250 grams firm-tofu
- ½ tsp onion-granules
- 1 tbsp thai-red curry-paste
- ½ tsp garlic-granules
- 2 tbsp oil
For Peanut Sauce
- 1 tsp red-thai curry-paste
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut-butter
- ½ lime
- 1 tsp maple-syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut-milk
- 2 spring-onions, thinly slices
- Pre heat oven to 350°F. Then peel the sweet-potatoes & cut into 2-cm cubes. Cut the cauliflower into similar sized pieces then put in a large-roasting tin.
- In a small-bowl blend together the garlic, oil, thai red curry paste, onion along with some pepper and salt.
- Pour on the veggies and toss so they're all coated. Pop in the oven for 30-40minutes.
- Make the peanut-sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a bowl. Thin with a little-water if necessary. Put aside for later.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon soy-sauce plus some oil. Using your hands crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Fry for 5-10minutes, stirring occasionally & cook till the tofu is turning crispy and brown.
- Check the roasted veggies. The sweet-potato ought to be tender and also the cauliflower crispy and brown.
- Add into a serving-bowl with the tofu and blend together.
- Serve with the lettuce leaves, peanut-sauce and toppings ready to assemble your lettuce-wraps!