Crack Chicken and Dumplings is a twist into the classic version! Nevertheless a this is hearty comfort food and this recipe will certainly be a new favorite of your loved ones!
This simple chicken recipe is ideal when it’s so cold outside that you only need to snuggle up indoors and have a hot, hearty soup.
It’s have protein from the white meat, meat by the veggies, carbohydrates in the dumpling, these are all balanced and combined in a delicious meal.
How do you tell if dumplings are done?
Take one out from the pot. Cut it at the center and assess if it’s cooked thoroughly. It has to be fluffy and not doughy.
- It is possible to add more vegetables such as celery and carrots, or whatever it’s in season.
- To create the dough gluten-free, you also are able to substitute the flour with gluten-free pancake mix.
Freeze: Freeze the dumplings along with the soup individually in individual freezer bags. Squeeze out excess air afterward, seal. Eat over 3-4 months.
Refrigerate: It to be safe to eat within 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Don’t forget to allow it to cool completely before placing in an airtight container.
To reheat: Thaw everything immediately and just reheat everything on the cooker.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Crack Chicken and Dumplings
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 10 slices bacon sliced
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning to taste
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or light cream
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 32 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt to taste
For the Homemade Dumplings
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Garnish
- green onions
- Put a large pot above medium-high heat. Then add bacon pieces & cook till crispy, remove from the pot and put aside.
- Discard the fat in the pot, leaving just about 2 tbsp.
- Season the chicken with pepper and salt on each side and add it into the pot cook for 5-7 minutes. The chicken does not need to be completely cooked, but well browned for additional taste.
- Remove chicken from pot and put aside on a plate, then cover with foil.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the exact same pot and melt. Then add onion, cook for a few minute. Add minced garlic, cook and stir till softened for 5 minutes.
- Add ⅓ of flour and stir to blend, then stir and simmer for a few minutes. Add cream little by little and stir well till blended.
- Add chicken broth, dried parsley, basil, pepper and salt. Stir to blend.
- Add back chicken, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, transfer the chicken breast into a bowl, and then use forks to shred it. Add ranch seasoning, pepper and salt to taste.
For the Homemade Dumplings
- Add flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir to blend.
- Add melted butter and with a fork stir it till blended along with a crumbly mix forms.
- Add buttermilk and stir till completely blended.
Add the Dumpling
- Add the shredded chicken. Then utilize a small cookie scoop, about 1 tbsp in size. Scoop dumplings dough and add into the simmering soup. Put them around the pot.
- After all dumplings are added, gently press down them so that the soup covers them. Add the bacon and frozen peas.
- Cover with lid and continue to cook on low-heat for 15 minutes. Gently stir from time to time, to be sure stuff does not adhere to the base of the pot.
- Add the cheese and lightly stir to melt. When the dumplings are cooked through garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Please, if you recreate this Crack Chicken and Dumplings Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Mashed Cauliflower Breakfast Bowls
- Easy Vegan Butter Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
- Vegan Meatballs with Spaghetti