This Homemade Baked Plantain Chips are so healthy, delicious and crunchy! Make this recipe and you won’t ever buy them in the shop.
Tasty, simple to create, and wholesome. These chips create an ideal snack for anybody and I am positive that you will fall in love with plantain chips, also!
You may have already tried store-bought plantain chips. But, how if you make the plantain chips in your home? Interesting! it tastes as good as store-bought.
A plantain it’s larger than a normal banana, has considerably thicker skin, and is ordinarily consumed when still green. It can be boiled, roasted, fried, and obviously, turned to plantain chips!
Store the chips in a resealable bag. This is a great alternative when you’re planning to select the chips as a bite, or package them at a lunch over the upcoming few days. The chips must remain fresh for approximately 7-days if stored this way.
Note for Baked Plantain Chips:
It’s ideal to use green plantains which are only going to begin turning yellow. If you use really green plantains, then they’ll be quite tough to peel and will have very little sweetness.
However, if the plantain just begins turning yellow, it has sufficient starch to make crispy chips, but in addition supplies a little bit of sweetness.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Homemade Baked Plantain Chips Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Ultimate Vegan Lemon Loaf
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Easy Breakfast Granola Cups (No Bake)
- Ranch Mashed Cauliflower
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Homemade Baked Plantain Chips
- 2 green plantains see note
- 2 ½ tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then wash & peel the plantains. Cut them into very thin pieces with a sharp knife. Put the pieces to a medium mixing-bowl.
- In a small-bowl, combine together the paprika, curry powder, grapeseed oil and salt.
- Pour spice-oil mix on the plantain pieces. With your hands, gently mix it breaking-up the stuck pieces apart.
- Arrange the plantain pieces on a large (roughly 12×17 inches), non stick baking-sheet and bake for 20minutes.