This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is chicken breasts filled with a jalapeno cheese blend, then wrapped in bacon and baked to crispy perfection. A simple low-carb meal that is a entire crowd pleaser!
Jalapeno poppers are among my guilt pleasure. I simply love that creamy, crispy and spicy combination. If you add bacon into the mixture, it is even better! This jalapeno popper chicken has all those fantastic tastes in a very keto friendly dinner, low carb which will have everyone asking for seconds.
How to stuff a Chicken Breast?
The curry jalapeno mix goes within inside the chicken. The simplest way to stuff a chicken breast would be always to cut out a deep pocket to one side of breast.
Make certain not to cut all of the way through the other hand. Spoon the filling to the pocket ensuring you fill it entirely. Then you can wrap your chicken into bacon and set it in the oven.
The bacon can help to maintain that filling within the chicken bakes, even though a some of the filling will probably escape through the cooking process that is normal. I use 2-slices of bacon to wrap each chicken breast and you ought to ensure the bacon has been wrapped quite closely so everything will hold together in the oven.
If you are worried, you may add some toothpicks to secure the bacon into the chicken breasts, but I think that it works just fine without needing to utilize them.
The jalapeno popper chicken should bake until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. If your chicken is done, however the bacon hasn’t crisped up to your liking, you are able to turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to cook your bacon.
How to make Jalapeno Popper Chicken?
There are steps to kame this chicken, the first of which will be to make the filling. The filling is a blend of cheddar-cheese, cream-cheese, jalapenos and seasonings.
I using fresh diced jalapenos, but you may use pickled jalapenos if you would like. I remove the ribs & seeds prior to dicing the jalapenos that tempers the heat a bit and make this meal more kid-friendly. If you want a spicy-chicken, leave the ribs and seeds at the peppers once you cut them up.
What do you Serve with Jalapeno Popper Chicken?
I generally serve my jalapeno popper chicken over mashed-potatoes and a green-vegetable like asparagus or broccoli. If you are eating low-carb, you can serve the chicken with mashed cauliflower. This chicken is great chopped and served over in a sandwich or a salad.
Jalapeno popper chicken is a must-make recipe, this smoky-bacon and cheesy-filling only can’t be beat! If you love jalapeno poppers how I do, then you’ll certainly need to place this chicken on your own dinner menu soon.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegetarian Mexican Rice Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Chicken Recipes options:
- Delicious Grilled Greek Chicken
- Garlic Butter Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken and Avocados Ranch Burritos
- Cheesy BBQ Chicken Pizza Rools
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken-breasts
- 12 slices bacon do not use thick cut bacon
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno-peppers remove pepper seeds and ribs before dicing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-cheese
- 6 oz cream-cheese softened
- ¼ tsp garlic-powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a sheet-pan with cooking-spray.
- Put the cream-cheese, cheddar-cheese, jalapenos and garlic-powder in a bowl and stir to blend.
- Cut a deep-pocket to each chicken-breast, taking care to not cut all of the way through the other side.
- Fill out the pocket of each chicken-breast with all the cream-cheese mix.
- Season the outside of the chicken-breasts with pepper and salt to taste.
- Wrap each chicken-breast closely with 2-slices of bacon and put the chicken onto the sheet-pan.
- Cook for half an hour, or till chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy. You may broil the chicken about 3-4minutes to crisp the bacon up if necessary.
- Allow the chicken rest for 5minutes. then slice and serve.